By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Playing Astro Bot on the Horizon Until Dawn

Leynos said:
pikashoe said:

Just finished spider-man 2. Overall it was fun, but I have a lot of issues with it. Overall I'd probably give it 7/10

Agreed. My main issue is that Spider-Man has turned into Sting the Wrestler. All the best friends turn into the bad guys at the end. They've recycled the same plot points for 3 games now. Time to do something new with it.

For me the game feels rushed in a lot of ways. So much content feels copy pasted, combat feels poorly balanced, story is poorly paced, miles is poorly integrated into the main story, bosses are bland aside from sandman, some shots in cutscenes look unfinished and the game was more buggy than I expected. 

Around the Network
pikashoe said:
Leynos said:

Agreed. My main issue is that Spider-Man has turned into Sting the Wrestler. All the best friends turn into the bad guys at the end. They've recycled the same plot points for 3 games now. Time to do something new with it.

For me the game feels rushed in a lot of ways. So much content feels copy pasted, combat feels poorly balanced, story is poorly paced, miles is poorly integrated into the main story, bosses are bland aside from sandman, some shots in cutscenes look unfinished and the game was more buggy than I expected. 

Yeah I had a lot of glitches. Bigs. Graphics problems. Progress breaking bugs. Audio issues.  Bad Spanish translations. They didn't even know the Puerto Rico flag in Miles's Apartment and put a Cuba flag instead.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I'd love to see more Marvel cameos for SpiderMan 3 or the next DLC/expansion.

How would you guys feel if the multiplayer project Insomniac is working on turns out to be a SpiderVerse game?

I think I'm more open to it now than say earlier this year. It would be a bit disappointing if the majority of Insomniac's output this generation is Marvel properties, but they're one of the few developers with the talent and tools to do it right, and not just for the monetary potential.

Don't give a flying fuck about any multiplayer-focused game. It's Gaas

Around the Network
PotentHerbs said:

How would you guys feel if the multiplayer project Insomniac is working on turns out to be a SpiderVerse game?

I think I'm more open to it now than say earlier this year. It would be a bit disappointing if the majority of Insomniac's output this generation is Marvel properties, but they're one of the few developers with the talent and tools to do it right, and not just for the monetary potential.

It could act like a different continuity?

I see no problem with that. Even if Insomniac is happy to work on marvel IP then let them. The reality is that they aren't going to see this level of success on any other ip they work on.

For me, I'd honestly like to see them expand their scope on Ratchet (like an action platformer RPG with a scope like Mass Effect) and to do some VR work.

Actually, if their MP game ends up being a live service version of Up Your Arsenal, that could be very good.

The greatest game event is starting, but sign-up is still possible, so get your ticket: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/247757/sign-up-for-the-14th-annual-greatest-games-event/

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

twintail said:

For me, I'd honestly like to see them expand their scope on Ratchet (like an action platformer RPG with a scope like Mass Effect) and to do some VR work.

Actually, if their MP game ends up being a live service version of Up Your Arsenal, that could be very good.

I think there's a bit of untapped potential for the R&C series. I could see a live service Ratchet and Clank game help the franchise break out. Playing Up Your Arsenal's multiplayer mode back on the PS2 was a blast.

I'm surprised Insomniac hasn't really attempted multiplayer for R&C since. 

Seems Sony has given PSVR2 the Vita treatment.

Leynos said:

Seems Sony has given PSVR2 the Vita treatment.

Less than Vita if you ask me, they launched it one game and patched GT7, now it's off to third parties to keep it floating. Capcom already has done more for PSVR2 (RE8 and RE4 remake VR mode) than Sony probably ever will. At least Vita got some nice games like Uncharted, Wipeout 2048, Gravity Rush etc. PSVR 2 got call of the Mountain and I wouldn't be surprised if that's how far support from PlayStation will go.

Last edited by Qwark - on 12 November 2023

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar