By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I don't like Trump, but If he wrecks DePutin's political aspirations in the 2024 primary and puts the brakes on the Floridization of America, he will have finally performed a useful service to his country.

Around the Network

I have to say if Florida is going to be the new standard for the GOP, things are looking pretty grim for the party and pretty much all their Republian values mean nothing. This latest bill is another treasure coming from the state and the hits seem to keep coming.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/florida-bill-force-bloggers-register-state-97663351

Missourah Republican gives the game away (in laughably bad fashion) as to what this obsession with school curriculum is really about:

You'll also be shocked to see that contrary to his show Tucker Carlson really hates Trump's guts.

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 08 March 2023

Arkansas governor signs bill rolling back child labor protections

The bill itself

The family values party feels that the government should verify voter identification more thoroughly, and yet wants to roll back on preventing children from being exploited.  

How curious. 

Child marriage ban bill defeated in West Virginia House

"Kanawha County Republican Sen. Mike Stuart, a former federal prosecutor who sided with the majority, said his vote “wasn’t a vote against women.” He said his mother was married when she was 16, and “six months later, I came along. I’m the luckiest guy in the world.”"

Some thoughts here:

I hope that his dad was roughly the same age as his mother, otherwise that's a much grosser situation he's defending.

And frankly, this is a super weird insecurity. Thinking that it's bad for children to get married or for children to be raped, does not make your life invalid. 

I don't understand this bizarre stubbornness.  

We are constantly learning more about people, we're getting better at figuring out how to treat others. We're getting better at figuring out how to fix problems. We're getting better at figuring out how to raise kids. I'm saying saying we have been putting those things into practice.  

But that is the issue, we should be putting those things into practice, instead of stubbornly holding onto the past. It doesn't make your life invalid because we figure out better ways to do something. If anything, your life becomes even more meaningful when you do things better than the past; when you break the cycle.  

TallSilhouette said:

Missourah Republican gives the game away (in laughably bad fashion) as to what this obsession with school curriculum is really about:

You'll also be shocked to see that contrary to his show Tucker Carlson really hates Trump's guts.

I always really appreciate seeing people ask the pushing questions; instead of side-stepping on important issues because of politeness.  

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 09 March 2023

Around the Network

If you get a laugh out of watching Cody force down Athletic Greens while pretending it doesn't taste gross, 17:29 will be a special treat for you, lol.

TallSilhouette said:

If you get a laugh out of watching Cody force down Athletic Greens while pretending it doesn't taste gross, 17:29 will be a special treat for you, lol.

hah, yeah...him and Katy both are clearly hating it. "And it tastes great, too!" they always say. Lots of fun. 

As an aside, why are so many people so violently against trans people? Like, real talk...who the fuck cares what someone else identifies as? You're not dating or fucking them, why imagine scenarios and make up stories of grooming just to justify hating people who ain't hurting anyone? 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
TallSilhouette said:

hah, yeah...him and Katy both are clearly hating it. "And it tastes great, too!" they always say. Lots of fun. 

As an aside, why are so many people so violently against trans people? Like, real talk...who the fuck cares what someone else identifies as? You're not dating or fucking them, why imagine scenarios and make up stories of grooming just to justify hating people who ain't hurting anyone? 

I would say its the banner issue for Republicans.  When you actually produce no real policy to better people lives then you find a scapegoat to persecute and Trans people are the group of choice now.  Fear is a very powerful weapon and it works.  The second step is to use the very tool for their morals to cloak themselves in their rightousness for doing the exact opposite of what the teachings say in that document which is the Bible.  As one of the biggest tenats I would say "Those without sin cast the first stone", the Bible nor any of Jesus teachings ever give Christians the leeway to persecute any group.

Just my opinon of course but the way I see it, the way to truly control people is to use their own morals against them.  Make them believe that what they are doing is just according to their faith and manipulate their decisions along those lines.  History shows how this is done and nothing has changed today.  Make the group feel they are the ones persecuted all the while they do the persecution.  The way I see it, if I was the devil and I wanted to corrupt a group that believe in their rightiousness, that would be the way I would go.

Machiavellian said:
Runa216 said:

I would say its the banner issue for Republicans.  When you actually produce no real policy to better people lives then you find a scapegoat to persecute and Trans people are the group of choice now.  Fear is a very powerful weapon and it works.  The second step is to use the very tool for their morals to cloak themselves in their rightousness for doing the exact opposite of what the teachings say in that document which is the Bible.  As one of the biggest tenats I would say "Those without sin cast the first stone", the Bible nor any of Jesus teachings ever give Christians the leeway to persecute any group.

Just my opinon of course but the way I see it, the way to truly control people is to use their own morals against them.  Make them believe that what they are doing is just according to their faith and manipulate their decisions along those lines.  History shows how this is done and nothing has changed today.  Make the group feel they are the ones persecuted all the while they do the persecution.  The way I see it, if I was the devil and I wanted to corrupt a group that believe in their rightiousness, that would be the way I would go.

I've always found it weird that the closest thing to any sort of 'policy' that the conservatives want is this adherence to personal freedoms. Their idea of an ideal world is 'let everyone do whatever they want, no limitations', not realizing:

1 - That people can be shitty, greed corrupts, and that without checks and balances we end up with a small group of immensely powerful people being shitty to so, so many people

2 - That their philosophy only applies to them, not to LGBT people or immigrants or other races/cultures/religions

In short, it's just racism with extra steps. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I believe in order to even get a GOP nonimation you basically have to appear as if you care about Christian values. Its the stick and the carrot and it worked great for Trump. I mean he barely even tried. He had a few pastors pray in his office, talked about a few Christian type things but his actual life he lived is more along how most Christian probably do. THey talk a good talk but living the life is something totally different. They like the ideal of being Christian but not actually living it. This is why its so easy to manipulate the group. Just throw out a few Bible verses, say its for the kids or Christian values then pretty much do everything that goes against Christian principles with a smile.