By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TallSilhouette said:

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network

And here it comes. To the surprise of absolutely nobody and despite obviously false assertions that Dobbins "returns the question of abortion to the states where it belongs," Republicans are getting a nationwide abortion ban ready to roll.

The decision you all have been waiting for.

At least they didn't completely end democracy this week.

Expand the damn court, already.

the-pi-guy said:

Any plans on going after the very institutions that put these students in debt in the first place?

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
the-pi-guy said:

Any plans on going after the very institutions that put these students in debt in the first place?

Of course not, that's still an effective way to transfer wealth from the poor to the wealthy. Of course, US politics don't want that. The reasons they are blocking this are:

• Despite not losing money themselves (the wealthy loaners) they can't stand someone getting in the way of enlarging the gap between them and those targeted by the loan forgiveness.
  • The fact that this specifically helps people to get educated which the very insecure Republicans can't stand in the slightest.

KLAMarine said:
the-pi-guy said:

There have been plenty of plans.

Too many conservatives among both parties that have no interest in doing anything that helps the little guy.

I like how the DeSantis campaign compares him to psycho killer Patrick Bateman (and other infamous criminals) as if that's a good thing.

TallSilhouette said:

I like how the DeSantis campaign compares him to psycho killer Patrick Bateman (and other infamous criminals) as if that's a good thing.

Desantis' campaign is a clown show, not that it was expected to be otherwise, but it's like Desantis told himself "Hey our policies are only designed to help the top 1%, why don't we use the same principle, and design an ad that would appeal only to the dumbest 1% of the far right. You know the person dumb enough to have believed Donald Trump then dumb enough to believe that Donald Trump is now an LGBTQ advocate then dumb enough to think, putting myself between oiled muscular man is an alpha male thing and not about insecurity about my own masculinity/orientation". Even then you failed Desantis, there are not enough guns in your ads for that target demographic, and no, displaying the sign TOP GUN does not count.

I thought that ad was a joke but its actually what Desantis campaign actually posted. Its almost as if Desantis is really just an agent for Trump because that was really on the cringe scale pretty high.