By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I'd rather have Porter or AOC, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me if Newsom becomes the new front runner when Biden is done. He's pretty great at handling the right:

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 13 June 2023

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
SanAndreasX said:

There's actually nothing in the Constitution that bars felons from becoming President, Senators, or Representatives. All of those offices specify only age and citizenship requirements. Only the Senate can bar people who otherwise meet citizenship and age requirements from holding office, and only after the person in question is convicted by the Senate in an impeachment trial. Even with a felony conviction, Trump could still be elected President. It would create an unprecedented political crisis, but a felony conviction in itself is not a disqualification. 

Charges do not legally bar Trump from running for President - New York Times

We are going to have to see how this all plays out but this is what I read a while ago about this specific document case.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11093827/Clinton-linked-lawyer-says-Trump-BANNED-holding-public-office.html

That would likely be fast-tracked to the Supreme Court, with the question of whether or not federal statutes that are stricter than the basic requirements for holding office in the Presidency or Congress are Constitutional. I'm skeptical of how that would play out, too. Both Ginni and Clarence Thomas, and Alito, would almost certainly affirm that Trump was eligible to run. 

Last edited by SanAndreasX - on 14 June 2023

TallSilhouette said:

I'd rather have Porter or AOC, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me if Newsom becomes the new front runner when Biden is done. He's pretty great at handling the right:

Aside from the fact that Newsom is the public face of a Democratic stronghold that also happens to be the most populous state with the largest economy of any subnational division on the face of the Earth, he's had years dealing with the childish antics of Greg Abbott and Ron DeSantis. 

Good lord this guy is a nightmare client:

If he isn't convicted it'll be one of the greatest travesties of the century.

TallSilhouette said:

Good lord this guy is a nightmare client:

If he isn't convicted it'll be one of the greatest travesties of the century.

Lol, you can see Trump lawyer's watching this and flipping a table. I know they had to tell him that this interview is probably not a good ideal.  He continue to just hand the DOJ nuggets of gold as if he is the prospector for the DOJ.  The longer the trial goes the better for the DOJ as Trump continue to just sign his ticket to getting prosecuted. 

Around the Network

So I'm in Oklahoma, which was hit by a massive wave of thunderstorms last weekend which left thousands of homes without power, and down in Texas, five people died in tornadoes associated with those storms.

Both Oklahoma governor Kevin Stitt AND Oklahoma Lieutenant Governor Matt Pinnell are in Paris, living it up on the taxpayer dime for some air show being put on by airmen from the local Tinker AFB.

Two days after the storm, the President Pro Tem of the Senate is informed that he is now the acting governor because Stitt and Pinnell are out of the state, and issued a state of emergency. TWO DAYS LATER. So nobody was in charge.

Meanwhile, Stitt and Pinnell are still living it up in Paris. Stitt's ass should have been on the next plane home after the storm. 

This isn't the first time Stitt has shown such negligence as governor. And yet he won his re-election in 2022 in even larger numbers than his original election in 2018. 

TallSilhouette said:

The USA is not ready to vote in someone as far left in AOC or Bernie, they just aren't.  Newsom is pretty moderate and safe.  I know plenty of Democrats that wouldn't vote for her.  Sure some Gen Z will get off their butts to vote for her, but I think we are at least a decade or two away from AOC becoming a legitimate presidential hopeful.

Anna Paulina Mayerhofer Luna (R-FL) is turning into Florida's Boebert/MTG. She introduced two measures to censure Adam Schiff (D-CA). The first time, she wanted to impose a $16 million fine on Schiff.

SanAndreasX said:

Anna Paulina Mayerhofer Luna (R-FL) is turning into Florida's Boebert/MTG. She introduced two measures to censure Adam Schiff (D-CA). The first time, she wanted to impose a $16 million fine on Schiff.

Yeah that first one probably was never going go because it would set up a scenario for that to come back on the GOP.  The fact they actually signed the second one is interesting as I do not know the purpose of it politically.  I am just trying to understand has the GOP house actually passed anything anyone would consider relevant.