By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Website Development / Feedback / Suggestions / Bug Reporting Thread

I'm already encountering a dozen threads which are looping me back to homepage if I try to access them via their title, Lol. I know how to fix it for myself but it can be dependent on what PPP is chosen. US Politics was working fine for me but was broken for CGI when he tried to access it via its title.

Reason is because a comment next in line for him to view was deleted, for example, if he was on 10 PPP and the 4th post in that line was deleted, it will loop him back to the homepage if he tried to access the thread through the title - Clicking the title automatically takes to you your last point of viewing as you're all aware.

The easy way to fix it if anyone is unaware is by clicking directly on Page 1 and then skipping straight to the last page, in effect skipping over those comments, or clicking directly on the last page if that is possible. In effect it will update your view progress to the end so the deleted comment which was blocking you from accessing the thread should no longer be a problem.

Think there may be issues if there's a comment which was deleted within the range of your PPP though. In that case, unfortunately the only thing you can do is wait for whatever amount of new comments to be made in the thread matches to your PPP - 10 PPP = 10 New Comments.

Frustrating.

Super Official Anime Discussion Thread - Summer 2019!

Is this working okay? Try to access it in multiple ways.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 19 February 2023

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

I'm already encountering a dozen threads which are looping me back to homepage if I try to access them via their title, Lol. I know how to fix it for myself but it can be dependent on what PPP is chosen. US Politics was working fine for me but was broken for CGI when he tried to access it via its title.

Reason is because a comment next in line for him to view was deleted, for example, if he was on 10 PPP and the 4th post in that line was deleted, it will loop him back to the homepage if he tried to access the thread through the title - Clicking the title automatically takes to you your last point of viewing as you're all aware.

The easy way to fix it if anyone is unaware is by clicking directly on Page 1 and then skipping straight to the last page, in effect skipping over those comments, or clicking directly on the last page if that is possible. In effect it will update your view progress to the end so the deleted comment which was blocking you from accessing the thread should no longer be a problem.

Think there may be issues if there's a comment which was deleted within the range of your PPP though. In that case, unfortunately the only thing you can do is wait for whatever amount of new comments to be made in the thread matches to your PPP - 10 PPP = 10 New Comments.

Frustrating.

When I click it it goes to page 1.

Maybe the solution here is, clear the records of all the last post seen for each thread for each user. That way when they click the title it will just take them to the first page. Then going forward let the database record their last position.

Cobretti2 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Frustrating.

When I click it it goes to page 1.

Maybe the solution here is, clear the records of all the last post seen for each thread for each user. That way when they click the title it will just take them to the first page. Then going forward let the database record their last position.

That link is working as intended then, as long as you can also access it via the title elsewhere (via homepage or Hot Topics).

Yeah, I like that solution, I was actually already talking about that with CGI, Lol. I think it should fix a lot of issues if some threads are still booting users to homepage.

As an example to see for yourselves, clicking through a lot of threads in Hot Topics sorted by Most Posts will boot you to the homepage, although a lot of those threads are old as hell but I don't know all other threads affected, such as the Anime thread which is more recent.

think the Anime thread is fixed no matter what but I'll wait and see if anyone else has trouble accessing it.

If a solution like you suggested can't be done then I'll just have to go through threads one by one.

Not to mention the threads missing OPs, Lol.

Uhm, I know restoring posts will be a pain in the ass, but as I like these events would it be possible to restore the OPs for the greatest gaming event for the past years, especially the results?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:

Uhm, I know restoring posts will be a pain in the ass, but as I like these events would it be possible to restore the OPs for the greatest gaming event for the past years, especially the results?

I'll have a word with Bandorr as he has restored individual posts in the past but it's a tedious process, one at a time, I can't guarantee that a post can be restored either, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up and Bandorr is really busy right now helping Trunks with something so I don't know when he can do it.

However...It'd be a lot of help if we had some information relating to the posts, Bandorr needs a way to indicate which post it was in the table...The direct URL link to the post would be ideal, basically the Post ID#...Unique text will also help if you can remember any but it'd have to be pretty dang unique.

Could you show me at least which OPs/Threads are still missing?

I can't guarantee anything though...Likely we won't be able to have enough data but we can still try.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Mnementh said:

I'll have a word with Bandorr as he has restored individual posts in the past but it's a tedious process, one at a time, I can't guarantee that a post can be restored either, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up and Bandorr is really busy right now helping Trunks with something so I don't know when he can do it.

However...It'd be a lot of help if we had some information relating to the posts, Bandorr needs a way to indicate which post it was in the table...The direct URL link to the post would be ideal, basically the Post ID#...Unique text will also help if you can remember any but it'd have to be pretty dang unique.

I can't guarantee anything though...Likely we won't be able to have enough data but we can still try.

OK, it is about mZuzeks posts. 2017 the event was still hosted by Leadified, so it is 2018 onwards. And the result threads are the ones that actually are important, as they contain the results *duh*. As mZuzek links it always, I can easily find the threads, the posts in question will be more difficult. Also as a complication, mZuzek puts the results in multiple posts at the beginning of each thread, so not only a single OP to restore, sorry. See 2022 as a reference (it was after the attack, so it is complete).

2018: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239013
2019: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241748
2020: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=244193
2021: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=245741

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Mnementh said:
Ryuu96 said:

OK, it is about mZuzeks posts. 2017 the event was still hosted by Leadified, so it is 2018 onwards. And the result threads are the ones that actually are important, as they contain the results *duh*. As mZuzek links it always, I can easily find the threads, the posts in question will be more difficult. Also as a complication, mZuzek puts the results in multiple posts at the beginning of each thread, so not only a single OP to restore, sorry. See 2022 as a reference (it was after the attack, so it is complete).

2018: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239013
2019: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241748
2020: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=244193
2021: https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=245741

We'll see what we can do.

Pretty awkward that it's multiple posts though, Lol.

But then I'm thinking...If Mzuzek was fast enough, if we find the OP's Post ID then surely the follow-up post IDs will just be next in line?

Like if the OP Post ID is 1010 then the next post is more than likely 1011.

Just thinking out loud, Lol.

Praise Wayback Machine.

Got the Post ID for a few in 2018 so far.

If Bandorr can't restore them, we could at least recreate the thread.

Complication though, it stops at "Platform Breakdown"

Don't really want to guess on the Post ID if we can avoid it.

OK, archive.org takes forever to load, but I have 2021 https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=245741">here, and archive.org shows the 'View post' buttons, so I can extract the post-IDs.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=245741">2021: 9352811, 9352812, 9352814, 9352815, 9352816, 9352818, 9352819, 9352821, 9352822 - the last post with decade overview and the yearly games, but it probably got the id ending on 23, 24 or 25.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=244193">2020: 9267198, 9267199, 9267200, 9267201, 9267203, 9267204, 9267205 - here are sadly three posts not displayed by archive.org, the MS platforms, the other platforms and again decades and years. Again the following IDs should contain them, so 206-210 at the end.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241748">2019: 9100432, 9100433, 9100435, 9100436, 9100437, 9100438, 9100439, 9100441, 9100442, 9100443

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=239013">2018: 8956005, 8956006, 8956007, 8956010, 8956011, 8956012, 8956013, 8956016, 8956017, 8956018

All these posts were made by mZuzek. A lot of work he put in.

Ryuu96 said:

Praise Wayback Machine.

Got the Post ID for a few in 2018 so far.

If Bandorr can't restore them, we could at least recreate the thread.

Complication though, it stops at "Platform Breakdown"

Don't really want to guess on the Post ID if we can avoid it.

I got the IDs for a lot of these posts. In 2018 and 2019 mZuzek actually linked the posts in the OP per ID, which can be used. In 2020 and '21 though he used the page and relative links, so that is not helping.