By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 4 launches on Switch 21st of July 2023

Am I the only one who noticed that they brought back a boss from Pikmin 2 in the trailer?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I actually hope this game doesn't have a timer, the constant time pressure of 3 made me too stressed out to really enjoy it, in spite of the game being excellent in many ways.

The series usually isn't my cup of tea, but this one I have my eye on.

Considering night time seems to be a thing now, I have a feeling a timer if present is going to be more forgiving.

I've always hoped we'd get night time Pikmin. Give them another upgrade that allows them to traverse during the night. 

Red ones get a torch on their head, blue ones shine from algae, yellow ones are bright like a light bulb, flying ones turn into Firefly types, fluorescent rocks. 

I'd also like to see green grass Pikmin, not sure what their ability would be, but sounds like it could fit nicely.

anonymunchy said:
curl-6 said:

I actually hope this game doesn't have a timer, the constant time pressure of 3 made me too stressed out to really enjoy it, in spite of the game being excellent in many ways.

Considering night time seems to be a thing now, I have a feeling a timer if present is going to be more forgiving.

I've always hoped we'd get night time Pikmin. Give them another upgrade that allows them to traverse during the night. 

Red ones get a torch on their head, blue ones shine from algae, yellow ones are bright like a light bulb, flying ones turn into Firefly types, fluorescent rocks. 

I'd also like to see green grass Pikmin, not sure what their ability would be, but sounds like it could fit nicely.

I wanna see if there's gameplay during night now, which there likely is. Bulborbs at night seem to be more nightmarish than I thought they'd be.

Looks very promising.

The new perspective really emphasizes the scale of the world which I like.
It's quite pretty for a Switch game too, possibly one of the prettiest to date in my view.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

The new perspective really emphasizes the scale of the world which I like.
It's quite pretty for a Switch game too, possibly one of the prettiest to date in my view.

I always feel like the pikmin games are so beautiful.  The details of the worlds, the fruits, and the fact that you’re hauling around 100 pikmin at a time.

One of my favorite Nintendo IPs.  Love the puzzles, the boss fights, and the general premise.  Been waiting for this game for such a long time 

anonymunchy said:
curl-6 said:

Well, I found fanart that offer a couple of interesting ideas for that.

Flytrap head that can pick up items or attack flying predators.

Or resistance to radiation.

For whatever weird reason I am interested in this game. I never played a Pikmim game before, they all look kind meh to me. Maybe I will give this one a try.

I feel for Pikmin fans regarding the main series. There was only 3 years after the first Pikmin to 2nd, but it was about 9 years from the 2nd to the 3rd, and then about 10 years from the 3rd to the 4th.
There were some ports, Hey Pikmin in 2017, and Pikmin Bloom in 2021. But these are not even remotely the same as new core titles releasing.
Hopefully Pikmin 5 takes 6 years or less after 4, so there could be another Pikmin in the 2020s and less of a wait.
Pikmin 4 will likely make its July release, but I would not it put it past Nintendo to delay the game a few months or even into December if they need to polish it a lot more.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

CaptainExplosion said:
anonymunchy said:

Well, I found fanart that offer a couple of interesting ideas for that.

Flytrap head that can pick up items or attack flying predators.

Or resistance to radiation.

Oh, I like both of those. Fly trap for increased flying enemy dmg or keeping flying enemies grounded and radiation resistance.m

Also like the idea of picking up items with their head and dragging one along. I wonder if/what Nintendo is holding back.