By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that feel the best to control

Hard to decide. Breath of the Wild, all 3D Mario games, Astral Chain, Doom Eternal, Metroid Dread, both Ori games, Splatoon 2 and 3.

All these games have an excellent feel to their controlls and movement.

Around the Network

Pretty much anything Nintendo touches.

Also Half-Life. But that might be just because I played that game for thousands of hours, lol.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Mar1217 said:

Super Mario Odyssey I'd say. Even with the added motion mechanics, Mario controlled like ace !

I second this. I immediately thought of Super Mario Odyssey when I read this thread title. The controls in that game are impossibly good.

I'm feeling more towards FS2020 and GT7, feel amazing to control. Same for Wipeout and the older Burnout games.
Counter strike was the best on PC, so responsive and fast with KB+Mouse. Halo Infinite has very good controls as well (just lacking content)
And the Ratchet and Clank games, they feel so good while playing!

Lots of great picks here!

For me, another is Metroid Prime 3/Trilogy. Retro absolutely nailed the pointer controls, and aiming feels so smooth and responsive. It's like that feeling when you're cutting paper and the scissors start gliding, fantastic stuff.

Around the Network

MGS5 and TloU2 are just fantastic controlling 3rd person titles.

SvennoJ said:

I'm feeling more towards FS2020 and GT7, feel amazing to control. Same for Wipeout and the older Burnout games.
Counter strike was the best on PC, so responsive and fast with KB+Mouse. Halo Infinite has very good controls as well (just lacking content)
And the Ratchet and Clank games, they feel so good while playing!

Seriously, how hyped are you to play the full GT7 experience with PSVR2?

PSVR2 with a good racing wheel rig is gonna be outstanding!

The NES Mario games on a CRT are butter. So are the Ninja Gaidens. There are a lot of games which control perfectly, or at least feel like they control perfectly. Too many to name.

Yoshi's Island and the Donkey Kong Country trilogy (SNES) were first to mind. Super responsive.

I know many will disagree, but the old Tomb Raider games feel great to control for me. I'm very much accustomed to how they work though, and I feel that once you're tuned in, they handle really well.

curl-6 said:

Lots of great picks here!

For me, another is Metroid Prime 3/Trilogy. Retro absolutely nailed the pointer controls, and aiming feels so smooth and responsive. It's like that feeling when you're cutting paper and the scissors start gliding, fantastic stuff.

That's what worries me the most about Prime 4 and the rumored Prime Remaster: the loss of pointer controls will really feel like a step back. I recently replayed MP1 (Trilogy version) on the Steam Deck and while it worked just fine... It just wasn't the same xD

As for the topic... Metroid Dread, Kingdom Hearts III, Super Mario Odyssey and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze all control like a dream. It's a joy to just move and jumping around ^^