By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games that feel the best to control

Nioh 2, Infamous Second Son, Star Ocean The Divine Force, Halo 2, SSFIVAE, Kingdom Hearts 2, League of Legends, Super Smash Bros Melee.

All felt great at time of release.

Around the Network

Most of the 2D Mario games, Donkey Kong Country, Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair (which, not coincidentally I'm sure, is made by many of the ex-Rare refugees). Smash Bros Melee is a good one. I'll piggy back off of that answer.. Hmm what else?

Oh - Was just playing Tiny Tina Wonderlands and realizing how silky-smooth the shooting/aiming mechanics are compared to older Borderlands games.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Tekken - Standard fight game for d-pad but then each button is a limb. Direction plus pressing the right leg button, your character does a kick with their right leg. Genius. This system hasn't changed in over 25 years.

Hmm, pie.

There are a lot of games where the controls is seamless. Where one does't really think about the controls. Many Mario games is like this, especially the recent 3D ones already mentioned.

But the game I thought of reading the title is Shadow of the Colossus. The controls are not as seamless as other games, but to me they elevated the experience. Climbing while holding the triggers in some ways felt like climbing. And preparing the sword stab also felt like I really collected the needed strange to penetrate the giant creature with my weapon. The controls simply make it a more immersive experience to me

Super Mario Odyssey. You jump, you throw cappy, you super jump, you do a backflip, you hit the ground to destroy it, good old button smashing , best feeling ever.

And of course the 60fps helps a lot

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network
Hynad said:
SvennoJ said:

I'm feeling more towards FS2020 and GT7, feel amazing to control. Same for Wipeout and the older Burnout games.
Counter strike was the best on PC, so responsive and fast with KB+Mouse. Halo Infinite has very good controls as well (just lacking content)
And the Ratchet and Clank games, they feel so good while playing!

Seriously, how hyped are you to play the full GT7 experience with PSVR2?

PSVR2 with a good racing wheel rig is gonna be outstanding!

Oh I'm hyped, but will stick to the dual sense. I neither have the space for a wheel rig nor the back/neck to use it long time, unless it's a real full size car seat. Fun fact, I mostly race while standing in front of the tv. That's easier on my back and neck. It does make wearing a car on your head in VR a bit odd but you get used to it. Just got to remember not to walk out the car while racing :)

Rayman Legends, I dunno how no one has mentioned that one, out of any 2D platformers ive played in the last decade its probably the one that felt the best.
Mario Kart 8 is peak Mario Kart control feeling.
Smash Bros Melee
Hollow Knight
Weirdly enough, Shantae games usually have pretty good controls.

Hollow Knight
Ori (Both of them)
Metroid Prime
Nier Automata
Rayman Origins and Legends

One i played recently, i hate these types of games but returnal is fucking amazing to control , to bad its a fucking roguelike game i fucking hate and despise roguelikes

Jpcc86 said:

Rayman Legends, I dunno how no one has mentioned that one, out of any 2D platformers ive played in the last decade its probably the one that felt the best.
Mario Kart 8 is peak Mario Kart control feeling.
Smash Bros Melee
Hollow Knight
Weirdly enough, Shantae games usually have pretty good controls.

Rayman Legends yes! Playing Dragon's Crown now in co-op also makes me realize how well executed side scrolling co-op was in Rayman Legends. It would be awesome to have a new one in the series. But Ubisoft is a mess nowadays :/