By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 1+2, 2023 (26 Dec - 08 Jan)

For some reason Crisis Core is listed on PS4 for the first week twice

Around the Network
123tbones said:

For some reason Crisis Core is listed on PS4 for the first week twice

The second one is the PS5 version. Wouldn't be Nintendoeverything without a typo.

Here are both weeks with some more data:

https://www.installbaseforum.com/forums/threads/media-create-sales-week-1-2023-jan-02-jan-08.1308/post-128182

Chicho said:

Series X|S outsold the PC-FX that was at 400k.  Next target The OG Xbox.

Ah, the PC-FX, such an underrated console, but it simply couldn't have launched at a worse time. It's a beast when it comes to 2D games - and released at the same time as the others went 3D, thus getting shunned by everyone.

Crisis Core on Switch pulling ahead of PS4 and PS5, surreal to see a FF game, especially one based on FF7, doing better on Nintendo.

curl-6 said:

Crisis Core on Switch pulling ahead of PS4 and PS5, surreal to see a FF game, especially one based on FF7, doing better on Nintendo.

The Switch has an install base of about 2.5 times compared to PS4+PS5, I understand that surprise a lot of people, but, imo, it was expected. 

Around the Network
kazuyamishima said:
curl-6 said:

The Switch has an install base of about 2.5 times compared to PS4+PS5, I understand that surprise a lot of people, but, imo, it was expected. 

I know, it's just FF and especially FF7 is such an icon of Playstation.

Feels like seeing a Just Dance game sell better on PS than Nintendo.

curl-6 said:
kazuyamishima said:

The first 2 games were launched on the Wii only when it was a hot product, then the series carried on with the Casual/familiar Nintendo Crowd until today.

FF was and is still very famous among The Nintendo crowd. The huge install base of the Switch in Japan plays a big part in which why FF7 reunion sells better on the system and will continue to do so. 

kazuyamishima said:
curl-6 said:

The first 2 games were launched on the Wii only when it was a hot product, then the series carried on with the Casual/familiar Nintendo Crowd until today.

FF was and is still very famous among The Nintendo crowd. The huge install base of the Switch in Japan plays a big part in which why FF7 reunion sells better on the system and will continue to do so. 

FF7 was an iconic playstation exclusive though, and Nintendo hasn't has a current mainline FF since the Super Nintendo.

I do understand why it's selling as it is, just saying it feels weird.

PS5 is still dropping in price this week.
Expect good sales.

Blue line. Average selling price.
Pink line. Lowest price.