By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do you think Switch 2 launch games will be?

i think March 25 for Switch 2... MK9, Pikmin 4, Switch Sports, Monster Hunter and Zelda TOAK port at launch - Mario 3D, Metroid 4 and New Pokemon for the holidays

Switch!!!

Around the Network

I'll go with the obvious Mario Kart 9 but for the 3D Mario, I think a full-sized Bowser's Fury style game would be perfect as a launch title.

Signature goes here!

Chrkeller said:
Kakadu18 said:

Why?

Announced years ago and there hasn't been anything shown.  The development timeline worries me.  Something doesn't seem right.  Again, I hope to be very wrong.  

Did you miss that development got restarted in early 2019? Nintendo literally made a video about it on their Youtube channel. They weren't satisfied with how it was going at Bandai Namco and brought it back to Retro Studios. 4 years of development so far isn't unusual.

Did everyone already forget? Just a week or two ago I had to tell the same thing to someone else here.

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Generally agree with you: MK9 and 3D Mario. Probably only one of them at launch though and then the other within the first 6-9 months or so. Probably also a Mario sports title in that timeframe unless Camelot is working on something else (... Golden Sun please?).

I guess they would also want some non-Mario games early on, but hard to predict what that could be. A 2D Zelda could be great and I doubt they've given up on those entirely so should happen sooner or later.

Edit: A Metroid Prime 4 cross-gen release is possible as well.

Yeah I was gonna say Luigi's Mansion 4 or Mario Party but then I was like wait that'd be four Mario (or Luigi) games. Probably gonna be a non-mario game to go along with MK9 and 3D Mario.

Definitely 2D Zelda would be great. When Switch came out I figured we'd get both a 3D (console-style) Zelda line of games as well as a 2D (handheld-style) line of games. Sadly other than the Link's Awakening remake that hasn't happened. Would love to see Nintendo show that they will still make 2D Zelda games by having one during the next-gen launch period.

And if MK9 and 3D Mario are the first two major first party games I don't think we'll be waiting 6-9 months. I think it'll be similar to the Switch launch where MK came out a month and a half or so after BotW. Like if Switch2 launches holiday 2024 I think we'd probably get MK9 on launch day in November and 3D Mario in December a couple weeks before Christmas. 6-9 months between the first two huge games would be a major drought to start the system off with. And it's not like they haven't had years to work on the next MK and 3D Mario games.

Last edited by Slownenberg - on 11 January 2023

An upgraded Tears of the Kingdom will more than likely be there. Probably one of a new Mario game or Mario Kart game will be there as well. More than likely Mario Kart, I'm sure they had started working on it years ago, but the legs on Mario Kart 8 pushed them not to finish it.  Now if we get Mario Kart 8 super deluxe with all the new dlc courses on the successor for $70 and never see Mario Kart 9, I'm going to be super annoyed.  I refuse to buy the game a third time.

Around the Network

Man, people be hating on Prime 4 haha. I'm assuming it is coming out this Fall considering it restarted development four years ago. I think it'd be a pretty terrible decision to forego putting it on a system with like 130m+ systems sold. And its not like Metroid games have legs so there is no problem with it coming out 12 months or less before the next-gen starts.

TruckOSaurus said:

I'll go with the obvious Mario Kart 9 but for the 3D Mario, I think a full-sized Bowser's Fury style game would be perfect as a launch title.

I'm playing through 3D World right now and its surprisingly good! I always thought it looked kinda lame but its way better than NSMBUD, even if its not quite as good as the 3D games (other than perhaps Sunshine). Haven't played Bowser's Fury yet but I'm looking forward to it. Whether it is a 3D World 2 or a fully fleshing out of Bowser's Fury it'd be cool to see something from that title make it to next-gen.

Kakadu18 said:
Chrkeller said:

Announced years ago and there hasn't been anything shown.  The development timeline worries me.  Something doesn't seem right.  Again, I hope to be very wrong.  

Did you miss that development got restarted in early 2019? Nintendo literally made a video about it on their Youtube channel. They weren't satisfied with how it was going at Bandai Namco and brought it back to Retro Studios. 4 years of development so far isn't unusual.

Did everyone already forget? Just a week or two ago I had to tell the same thing to someone else here.

Nope, I did not forget...  and 2019 was 4 years ago with zero pictures and zero videos...  seems odd.  You are welcome to disagree.  

Not directed at you, but nobody is "hating" Prime 4.  I love some Metroid and hope to be wrong.  But 4 years with effectively zero updates just seems off.  I will be thrilled if I am wrong.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Chrkeller said:
Kakadu18 said:

Nope, I did not forget...  and 2019 was 4 years ago with zero pictures and zero videos...  seems odd.  You are welcome to disagree.  

Not directed at you, but nobody is "hating" Prime 4.  I love some Metroid and hope to be wrong.  But 4 years with effectively zero updates just seems off.  I will be thrilled if I am wrong.

Retro posted this header.  It's amazing artwork.  We're all waiting with bated breath for our first true glimpse of this title, but also recognize that Nintendo announced this game way too early.  Metroid Dread launched months after its reveal.

Chrkeller said:
Kakadu18 said:

Nintendo USUALLY doesn't give game details until the game is close to coming out. So there isn't really anything off about Prime 4 as far as anyone can tell. But we should expect to hear about it soon because presumably it'll come out this year or early next year unless there does happen to be more problems with the game.

Slownenberg said:
Chrkeller said:

Nintendo USUALLY doesn't give game details until the game is close to coming out. So there isn't really anything off about Prime 4 as far as anyone can tell. But we should expect to hear about it soon because presumably it'll come out this year or early next year unless there does happen to be more problems with the game.

BotW 2 was announced in 2019, with a video of the in game graphics, and is releasing in 2023...  Prime 4 literally has nothing to show for itself.  Fingers crossed I am crazy and you are right.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED