By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 52, 2022 (19 Dec - 25 Dec)

Kakadu18 said:
xMetroid said:

Isn't there 1 week left tho?

This week is what normal people (including Media Create) call week 51. Famitsu counts the weeks in a weird way. Because January 1st is part of the last week of the year they count it as week 1 2023 instead of week 52, which it actually should be. Famitsu's week 1 2022 had only two days in 2022, so it was similar.

Oh i see, thanks !

Around the Network
Ashadelo said:

How come Switch Sports is suddenly selling so well?

Another huge week for PS5.

Switch a little disappointed...thought we'd see close to 200k for Christmas week. But still it just barely hit 4.8m which is pretty much exactly what I expected since the start of the year.

But Switch software sales all up nicely. Switch Sports did great, Splat3 back over 100k, and Pokemon just completely insane. Nice to see Mario + Rabbids getting a good week in there too.

MK8D is quickly coming for Smash's 2nd place crown, but Pokemon will pass them both soon. Though its definitely possible MK will pass Pokemon back eventually because of legzzzzz. Will be interesting to see how Pokemon sales drop in January.

I am seeing a lot of comments and rumors online that the low numbers of Xbox these past few months is because Famitsu knows it overtracked the Series consoles and is moving closer to Mediacreate going forward.
Some are even implying there’s some saturation happening as the Series S has been in stock all last week in Japan.
Anyone seeing anything similar?

Nice week again for ps5.

Around the Network

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Has now Sold over 5 Million Physical copies acording to Famitsu. Third Switch Game to do so.

Last edited by Chicho - on 29 December 2022

Ashadelo said:

How come Switch Sports is suddenly selling so well?

Appart from the bundle it always sold well. This is the second week with the bundle.

Launch aligned Pokémon SV has now surpassed Pokémon BW's physical sales. On top of having the biggest launch ever in Japan it also has incredible legs.

Kakadu18 said:

Launch aligned Pokémon SV has now surpassed Pokémon BW's physical sales. On top of having the biggest launch ever in Japan it also has incredible legs.

If only it was also a incredible game

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I'm guessing the Switch is approaching a point of saturation. They're starting to run out of people to sell the console to.

Qwark said:
Kakadu18 said:

If only it was also a incredible game

The general consensus seems to be that underneath the performance and graphical issues it is actually one of the best entries in the series.

Personally, I'd rank it second, right behind B2W2.