By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 owners who got theirs within the past year how do you rate it?

I've had my PS5 since March and not had any problems. In fact I installed a 1TB SSD 980 not long after I got it and it's amazing. I've had a lot of fun stuff to play this year and even took me away from the Switch as my most played system. I like they added folders but do wish they had proper ones on the dash. I don't use haptic feedback nor adaptive triggers but still like the controller a lot. Sony's best ever IMO.

What are your experiences,impressions, likes or dislikes?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I've had mine for 2 months. I've had zero problems/issues with it. I also love the controller, tho im very rarely picky when it comes to controllers in general. I dont really have much else to say.

Collecting dust/10

Really not anyone's fault but my own. I really didn't have anything I wanted to play on it, I just bought it because I got an invite and it didn't seem like prices were going down any time soon or anything. I played Astro Bot on it which was a cute tech demo and a bit of Miles Morales, but that's about it. And, I have tons of titles on my Switch and a few on Gamepass that I need to get through, and less time for gaming than I have in the past.

I'll probably be happy I got it once Spider-man 2 comes out, and FF7 Rewhatevs pt 2, and RE4make maybe.

Played Horizon, Demon Souls, Elden Ring and Cyberpunk on it. Really seems like a level over anything else in gaming so far. Their open world are gorgeous and load seamlessly. Fast loading times allow fast traveling to no longer being a pain. The controller is really ergonomic and I just love the adaptive triggers and all shenanigans

I've tried a couple of PS4 games on it and they run really beautiful. Lightning, textures, framerates, everything is high quality

I appreciate how easy was to migrate my library. I'm going to always buy a new Playstation if they allow me to keep my games every time a generation changes.

However, hardware and software prices are insanely high, PS4 games used to be 200 BRL at launch just 3 years ago, now they are staggering 350 BRL. Not to say the hardware itself is so damn expensive, it's costing about 3.5 times a Series S. And with each game on Playstation costing more than 13 months of Game Pass I'm considering delegating the PS5 only to the AAAA third parties and getting a Series S as a low cost option for gaming once my backlog is cleared

Good system. I think it's the best controller Sony has ever designed from a comfort, functionality, and feature stand point. The UI has a similar look and feel to PS4, which I like, but it's way faster. Haven't played a ton of games on it but what I've played has been pretty solid so far. I'm also loving the fact that it's fully BC with PS4 and so many PS4 games look and run better on it.

My only real gripes are the fact that they got rid of the wall that PS4 had and that it's not BC with my PS1, PS2, and PS3 library despite it being capable of playing PS1 and PS2 games and being powerful enough to emulate PS3 games.

Around the Network

I already bought a second one, so it was well received. (My oldest is using the first one I bought every day).

It's a great machine although also very big. At least it has a standard power cord since I move it around between different TVs. Unlike the Series X that has an extra long connector for the power cord so you can't use a different one /facepalm, have to bring the cord along and dig it out every time...

But I still like the UI of the PS4 more, actually still like the UI of the PS3 more (apart from it being slow). PS5 is not great as a media player, worse than the PS4 which was worse than the PS3. Quick resume also regularly fails due to not playing on the primary PS5 (my son uses that to use my ps+ account) with the result that quick resume gets blocked by it trying to verify the license before psn connection has succeeded.

However the games have been great, the dualsense is amazing (apart from the battery life) and I can't wait for psvr2 to come out.

I've had it a little over a year and it's okay. I feel it's more of a PS4 Pro.5 right now. Even games that did not have cross gen versions (like R&C and Returnal) could have been done on the previous gen hardware. and in many ways... that is where they started but obviously had things shifted over to the PS5 as it got closer to release. 23 we should really see games made to take full advantage of the 5 hardware. Same goes for Series games and their respective hardware.

darthv72 said:

I've had it a little over a year and it's okay. I feel it's more of a PS4 Pro.5 right now. Even games that did not have cross gen versions (like R&C and Returnal) could have been done on the previous gen hardware. and in many ways... that is where they started but obviously had things shifted over to the PS5 as it got closer to release. 23 we should really see games made to take full advantage of the 5 hardware. Same goes for Series games and their respective hardware.

There's no way returnal could have been done on ps4. Unless you want 30 fps and then taking away dual sense haptics which is half the experience. And then there's the seamless loading. 

Rly enjoy the controller, ui, speed, etc. but I wish there were more big exclusives. Rly like the console but still a slow start unfortunately for now

Have it non stop since getting it in December 2021. Love the increased speed, controller and no load times. Guessing we'll see it's true power in next year's games

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo