By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Snow and/or Ice Levels?

KratosLives said:

Uncharted 2
Mgs4
Killzone 3
Tlou
Breath of the wild
Horizon zero dawn
Death stranding
Alan wake
Gow4/ragnarok

Hebra is an incredible region.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
KratosLives said:

Uncharted 2
Mgs4
Killzone 3
Tlou
Breath of the wild
Horizon zero dawn
Death stranding
Alan wake
Gow4/ragnarok

It sure is. Death stranding is the only other game that has given me the same level of immersion of being in snowy mountainous regions that felt real.  Not even rdr2 or witcher 3 was able to capture the same feel.

I played too many snow levels, that I couldn't accurately pick a best one. So I guess I will pick an underrated one and the most recent one I played.

Digimon World- When you first get to the freezelands you are accosted by epic music. Basically a blizzard in the background, that makes you feel cold. If you are unlucky you will run into Garurumon and get absolutely rocked by one of the hardest bosses in the game. Running through the freezelands is completely necessary if you want to go the economic approach and make some good money. Later on you could find the Ice Sanctuary and listen to even more epic music.

Mass Effect- I am currently playing, and I just finished Noveria. An interesting ice planet with many things to do. Of course most of the storylines are inside, because it is too cold outside for consistent human life.

KratosLives said:
Kakadu18 said:

It sure is. Death stranding is the only other game that has given me the same level of immersion of being in snowy mountainous regions that felt real.  Not even rdr2 or witcher 3 was able to capture the same feel.

Yeah, the snowy region in Gerudo is also great with it's large plains and plateaus. It differentiates itself quite well from Hebra.

Assault on the control room, Halo

Hoth, Star Wars Battlefront

DK Island, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
KratosLives said:

Yeah, the snowy region in Gerudo is also great with it's large plains and plateaus. It differentiates itself quite well from Hebra.

Personally, I was moreso quite fond of the Lanayru Mount where, if you "follow" the main quest path, you get to see the first Dragon spirit. Made me realize how huge the scale the game was going for.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Maybe not aged the best but at the time. This was pretty cool.

I'd name Mario 65,Metroid Prime and such as well.

I really loved EX Troopers. A Sequel to the Lost Planet series that stayed in Japan. A lot of it is in snow and a fun TPS.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

• Sonic 3- Ice Cap Zone
  • Saints Row 4- How the Saints Saved Christmas DLC
  • Star Wars Battlefront series- Hoth
  • Skyrim- Pretty much all of the snowy areas of the map, but especially High Hrothgar and Winterhold
  • Red Dead Redemption- Tall Trees area of the map and the "And the Truth Will Set You Free" mission
  • God of War (2018)- The snowier areas of the game
  • Halo series- Various snowy campaign levels and multiplayer maps
Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 27 December 2022

I forgot to mention journey. They did a great job with the snow level. The part where that creature comes out , was terrifying as it was immersive.

Just remembered the ice level in Luigi's Mansion 2. That one was really good, the boss fight in particular.