By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best Snow and/or Ice Levels?

If there's already been a thread about the best snow and/or ice levels it must've been a few years ago, and since then there are no doubt new contenders for this. Here are the ones I think are the best, and bonus points to any levels where it's also snowing.

Snow Barrel Blast (Donkey Kong Country)

Clapper's Cavern (Donkey Kong Country 2)

Lemguin Lunge (Donkey Kong Country 3)

Cool Cool Mountain (Super Mario 64)

Frosty Village (Diddy Kong Racing)

Titania (Star Fox)

Chill Penguin's Stage (Mega Man X)

IceCap Zone (Sonic 3 & Knuckles)

Phandera Drifts (Metroid Prime)

Danger, Icy Conditions Ahead (Yoshi's Island)

Around the Network

Best? 

Best?!?!

Like all water levels, all snow levels are forged by lucifer himself. There is no such thing as a best ice level. They are all evil. 

For a more recent ice level. I'd rank Northrast Frost Street from Kirby and the Forgotten Land prolly amongst some of the best of it's genre.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Metroid Prime : Phendrana Drifts

Xenoblade Chonicles : Valak Mounrain

Dark Souls : Painted world of Aramis.

In find this levels really good for the exploración, challenge and music.
This are very well made stages and not just "filler" Snow levels.

God of War Ragnarok Midgar since it's Fimbulwinter.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Snow Land and Merry Mountain from the MK8DX DLC are great.

12000 BC (Chrono Trigger) - This era probably has the most interesting stuff of any of the game's time periods.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - Basically the entire last batch of levels in the game.

Mount Gagazet (Final Fantasy X) - I really like the cold and forboding atmosphere of this level, topped off with one of the hardest bosses in the story.

Mount Wario (Mario Kart 8) - Stands out for being one of the few Mario Kart tracks to be a single track divided into thirds instead of being a course traversed three times. Creates the fun sense of speeding down a mountain like one is sledding/skiing. Level design is solid and the aesthetics keep on changing while remaining on theme.

Snowdin (Undertale) - Does a good job at introducing this underground society to the player, emphasizing the oddly cozy portion of winter holidays. The puzzles present are cute additions, the local characters are fan favorites, and there are plenty of fun and funny moments.

Snowpeak Ruins (Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess) - The dungeon is designed to be a reasonably convincing abandoned mansion, which is a cool setting for a Zelda dungeon. There's a fun gimmick of searching the mansion for ingredients for a stew, which is used for healing instead of the usual Hearts in broken pottery. Then you have one of the best mini-bosses in the franchise and a fun new item to use.

Love and tolerate.

The intro of Uncharted 2 kinda lol

Salnax said:

Snowpeak Ruins (Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess) - The dungeon is designed to be a reasonably convincing abandoned mansion, which is a cool setting for a Zelda dungeon. There's a fun gimmick of searching the mansion for ingredients for a stew, which is used for healing instead of the usual Hearts in broken pottery. Then you have one of the best mini-bosses in the franchise and a fun new item to use.

Seconding Snowpeak Ruins.

I think I've said it once before one this forum, but Snowpeak Ruins from Twilight Princess is my favorite. The dungeon itself and the whole journey to get to it are very atmospheric and a lot of fun, although I have to admit that the dungeon item you get has barely any use outside of Snowpeak. Makes me want to grab a blanket and eat a big bowl of piping hot stew every time I play thru the dungeon.

The White Wafers world from Kirby Return to Dreamland is definitely a close second. The music... I can't explain it but it makes me feel something.