By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games That You Didn’t Die On The First Playthrough

Recently I finished the game Okami on the Switch. Very fun game, but I was able to beat it with out dying (not even losing a stomach). Mostly because I was Spamming Bomb Celestrial Brush on enemies and bosses.

That got me thinking: What video games have you beaten without dying a single time during the first time playthrough? You wouldn’t have had to play on the hardest difficulty, but it would have had been on the first playthrough.

Around the Network

Kingdom Hearts 3 I think.

Final Fantasy 9. I really disliked the game because it was so easy. I got bored but played through it anyway because I was a poor kid back then and didn't have anything else to play, lol.

There must have been countless others that I can't think of right now.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Recently, Dragon Age Origins (Hard) and currently Dragon Age 2.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

OdinHades said:

Final Fantasy 9. I really disliked the game because it was so easy. I got bored but played through it anyway because I was a poor kid back then and didn't have anything else to play, lol.

You even got past the mustard gas tree on the first try? Wow!

That one's not an issue for me anymore since now I know which item/skill I need to get beforehand to manage it easily, the first time though that gave me a lot of trouble.

Around the Network

The first Dune game on PC. If you know just a bit what you're doing and what makes the AI tick, you can play the Harkonnen like a fiddle - and what makes it tick is clear as day on your first playthrough.

Also, Tazmania on the Sega Master System. I got it as a Christmas gift and 2 hours later, I had played though the game. Fun, but wayyy too easy and short.

Ka-pi96 said:

You even got past the mustard gas tree on the first try? Wow!

That one's not an issue for me anymore since now I know which item/skill I need to get beforehand to manage it easily, the first time though that gave me a lot of trouble.

The fact you have the memory to remember, most of you guys on any game.... am I that old? :P

I remember fighting him over and over but could not tell you if I died first time to him to him, was 20 years ago. Now Demon Wall in FF7 however, that's stuck in my brain.

On topic, honestly, this is hard to answer, big story campaign games. Most I die at least once. I think if I recall I didn't die on Haven but end state is hard to even get there. 

Hmm, pie.

Most every new game outside Hades, Returnal and From Software. New games are super easy on normal difficulty, especially having played NES hard games.

Resident Evil Village is the only exception I can personally think of besides certain story driven games I’ve played that don’t allow deaths lol

Chrkeller said:

Most every new game outside Hades, Returnal and From Software. New games are super easy on normal difficulty, especially having played NES hard games.

Even Crash 1 on the PS1? Man, you're hardcore!

Hmm, pie.