By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games That You Didn’t Die On The First Playthrough

Chrkeller said:
The Fury said:

Even Crash 1 on the PS1? Man, you're hardcore!

Haven't played that one.  But modern games, on normal, like uncharted and Mario are super easy. 

Yes Mario games are easy but you'll still die from time to time. For example, there's very few stars that I would say are hard in Mario Galaxy but I still died plenty from mistimed jumps, trying a path that wasn't right, etc...

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Chrkeller said:

Haven't played that one.  But modern games, on normal, like uncharted and Mario are super easy. 

Yes Mario games are easy but you'll still die from time to time. For example, there's very few stars that I would say are hard in Mario Galaxy but I still died plenty from mistimed jumps, trying a path that wasn't right, etc...

Yeah, i was thinking about Odyssey.  I honestly don't think I died in that game.  On the flip side, old school games Zelda 2...  I died in the first 10 minutes.  Games are simply far easier today than they used to be.  Which makes sense, design has changed.  Odyssey without dying is still 10 hours.  Not dying in say Ghosts & Goblins would be 45 minutes.   

Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Kirby Epic Yarn

Chrkeller said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Yeah, i was thinking about Odyssey.  I honestly don't think I died in that game.  On the flip side, old school games Zelda 2...  I died in the first 10 minutes.  Games are simply far easier today than they used to be.  Which makes sense, design has changed.  Odyssey without dying is still 10 hours.  Not dying in say Ghosts & Goblins would be 45 minutes.   

I find it hard to believe you didn't die once in Odyssey. The controls for the bullet bill for example can be unintuitive when turning multiple times so the moon where you have to navigate a spiral to collect it must at least resulted in one death since one wrong move and you're toast. Also, Long Journey's End on Darker Side on the Moon must have caused at least one death.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Chrkeller said:

I find it hard to believe you didn't die once in Odyssey. The controls for the bullet bill for example can be unintuitive when turning multiple times so the moon where you have to navigate a spiral to collect it must at least resulted in one death since one wrong move and you're toast. Also, Long Journey's End on Darker Side on the Moon must have caused at least one death.

I'm talking about beating the game, not 100%.  By the time I played Odyssey I had beaten N64, Sunshine, Galaxy and Galaxy 2 at least 5x each.  Odyssey is super easy, with the exception of a few optional moons.

Back during Sega genesis era, there was a game called quackshot. Beat that without dying and then the other was ff15. That to me was the easiest final fantasy game to ever release