By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Anticipated 2023 Games

Forspoken, FFXVI, FFVII Rebirth, Disgaea 7 and other JRPGs that I might be missing.

Around the Network

Homeworld 3 is my most anticipated, though I am a little nervous about whether Blackbird can deliver a worthy sequel. Blackbird's first work on the franchise was alright, but not spectacular. For Homeworld 3 they'll need to have stepped up their game.

After that it'd Control 2 but it's almost certainly not coming out next year. My hope here is that it features more ambitious locations but still retains a strong sense of atmosphere (which was one of the highlights of the original for me).

Resident Evil 4. Not much to say there. I'm curious to see how much they change, and I'm hoping it's as good a remake as RE2 was.

Next is The Lords of the Fallen. Mostly because I love 3D Soulslikes. The first game looked great and the combat had this cool, weighty feel to it. But I ended up being really disappointed in it ultimately, because there's an ability that basically gives you unlimited estus flasks (or whatever they were calling them). That destroyed the balance and I ended up not finishing it just because of that. Hopefully that mistake isn't repeated in this one.

There's not much else. Dead Space I'll eventually buy, but I don't think the first game really needed remaking yet. I guess they're using it to test the waters for a reboot/sequel. I'm also slightly curious about Starfield and Atomic Heart, but I've got grave doubts about the latter and I'm unlikely to pick up the former in a hurry.

Fairly thin lineup so far tbh, though my backlog is getting ridiculous so might be for the best:

Resident Evil 4
Skull & Bones
Tales of Symphonia Remastered (still probably an all-time top 5 RPG)
Assassin's Creed: Mirage
Diablo 4
Starfield
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Octopath 2
Metroid Prime 4 (on the off chance it makes it next year)

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Starfield
Hogwarts Legacy
Star Wars Jedi Survivor
Redfall
Forza Motorsport
Diablo 4
Freedom Planet 2
Assassin's Creed Mirage
Dead Island 2
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League
Like A Dragon: Ishin
Like A Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
Atomic Heart
Alan Wake 2
Loop8
Star Trek Resurgence
The Wolf Among Us 2
The Expanse: A Telltale Series
Sword Art Online: Last Recollection
Fatal Frame 4
Fire Emblem Engage

Tears of the Kingdom, Fire Emblem Engage, and FFXVI for me.

Around the Network
TheFallen said:

Legend of Zelda TotK, improve upon the shrines, weapon durability (let me repair weapons) and a few gripes I had with BotW. Could top OoT for me.

Hogwarts Legacy. Looks to be the Harry Potter game fans have been wanting. Has a lot of potential. Hopefully it can fulfill it.

RE4 Remake. A remake of one of the best games from the passed 2 decades.

pretty much these for me too....

Switch!!!

So far, my most anticipated new games are(not including remakes/remasters)

LoZ Tears of the Kingdom, Octopath Traveler II, Sea of Stars and Another's Crab Treasure (My first real tip-toe in Souls-like it'll be)

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Dragon Age: Dread Wolf, that's it but I have massive fears. 1, it won't come out next year and 2, the plot surrounding the very name of the game will be terrible and in a direction I do not want in Thedas. Each story so far has been it's own thing mostly, just having hints of the last and having DA:D as like a continuation of the end of DA:I just isn't something I want. I like the world and want more from it but could care less of that characters problems.

Hmm, pie.

Zelda TOTK & Spider-Man 2 are the two biggest titles (based on what has been announced so far) that I am looking forward to!

Pretty basic list but

Zelda - duh

RE4 Remake - Have loved everything capcom has done with this series since RE7 so I cant wait to see how they reimagine this

Spider-Man 2 - Rly liked the last one so I cant wait to see it refined and even better. Need to see more tho

FFXVI - Wasnt even rly on my radar but ngl that game awards trailer convinced me. This looks rly cool

Starfield - Hesitantly excited cuz Bethesda’s recent track record and the last trailer did not impress me, but hopefully the delay and more focused development means we will finally get another great one

Indiana Jones - Is this releasing next year? Idk but I love the concept, wanna see something about it

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League - Rocksteady have a great track record with these and I love the ensemble cast. RIP Kevin Conroy and I cant wait to see him one last time here

The Wolf Among Us 2 - Supposedly releasing next year, still know nothing, but the first game is great. Hopefully Telltale can pull it off one more time