By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The critics regarding Pokemon Violet/Scarlet technical side are overblown

I do also have add to the discussion that the Pokedex is still mostly gonn. There are apparently 400 pokemon in the game, which is less than half of the existing pokemon, and I assume they've cut megas, z-moves and dynamax as well. Plus a loooong list of stuff that was missing from other games already. The game seems not only glitchy as fuck, but also bare bones. And they are selling it at full price.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

I do also have add to the discussion that the Pokedex is still mostly gonn. There are apparently 400 pokemon in the game, which is less than half of the existing pokemon, and I assume they've cut megas, z-moves and dynamax as well. Plus a loooong list of stuff that was missing from other games already. The game seems not only glitchy as fuck, but also bare bones. And they are selling it at full price.

They never repeat gimmicks at least from what I experienced (havent played 4th gen remakes yet) so its obvious that Megas, Z-moves and Dynamax are gone.

As for the Pokedex, it sucks that not all Pokemon are available but I'm not surprised considering its Gamefreak.

BasilZero said:
Darwinianevolution said:

They never repeat gimmicks at least from what I experienced (havent played 4th gen remakes yet) so its obvious that Megas, Z-moves and Dynamax are gone.

As for the Pokedex, it sucks that not all Pokemon are available but I'm not surprised considering its Gamefreak.

Megas lasted from XY to USUM. Z-Moves lasted from SM to USUM. Both were cut in SwSh in favour of Dynamax. And now Dynamax has been cut in favour of terastalising. They used to keep things around, now they are just discarding everything they can so they can replace it with new gimmicks.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

So we're accepting mediocrity and half-assed efforts, is that what we're doing now?

Sounds like the game is fun but has technical problems. I think Cyberpunk and other AAAs are often not fun and have technical problems.
Hard to tell, but hopefully Nintendo fixes this because it looks bad for one of its most powerful franchises to suffer in quality. I think this will be a one-off exception.

It's not like Nintendo has a tendency to make low-quality games anyway.

Around the Network

The way Gamefreak operates as a company needs to change. After all this time they still don't have a handle on HD development and are using a truly terrible game engine by modern standards. They work on too many games at once for their relatively small staff and don't delay mainline Pokemon games and as a result all their games suffer. There must be some sort of contractual barrier keeping Nintendo from sending its own people or Monoliftsoft to Gamefreak to help out or give a crash course in how to design HD games because it's such an obvious thing to do that is never done.

eva01beserk said:

I never hear of nintendo patches. But honestly i also dont hear much of nintendo games having performance issues. So dont know if this is something that can be waited to be fixed ir call it a loss cause.

Also i think most of the backlash is that the media is begging for a new console. I think most are saying the switch is showing its age and will focus on any game showing issues. Also a game that looks like pokemon does has no excuse performing so bad.

That’s because the majority of Nintendo games don’t need performance patches. 

keep in mind though, we are talking about Gamefreak who has shown to be incompetent on so many levels for years now. I doubt Nintendo is happy with the performance of Scarlet and Violet, regardless of the money it’s making. 

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

People's main gripe is that switch has open world games like xenoblade chronicles 3, dying light, witcher 3,pokemon arceus, fenyx light and botw. All are huge open world games that look good and performs better then scarlett with alot less bugs. Whats disappointing is that it looks alot worse then arceus and performs worse then arceus and arceus came out 9 months ago.

If they needed time they should have delayed the game

Last edited by dane007 - on 24 November 2022