By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo NX Logo

More NX?

O 2 28.57%

N 3 42.86%

X 2 28.57%

Total:7

This is not the Pro device everyone currently wants; before the Switch we had the NX, and VGC loved it.
Decided to wake up from my slumber for a day or two, share with you all the beautiful NX logo, and make one last NX thread.

Bask in its glory!

EDIT: Was not able to embed the source twitter post, as I was getting a "Requested page not found".
The tweet said:

The Nintendo Switches Codename was the NX and this was an early Logo / Boot Up animation used during development of the Console ( It was found in the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Prototype ) This was never seen outside Nintendo
Last edited by TomaTito - on 22 November 2022

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

While Switch is a pretty much perfect name, I would've been fine with NX (just a codename). The Wii really missed their chance to name the console its codename. Revolution is so much cooler.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

While Switch is a pretty much perfect name, I would've been fine with NX (just a codename). The Wii really missed their chance to name the console its codename. Revolution is so much cooler.

Yet, it is quite a mountful to ennunciate in comparison to the much more recognizable sound of "Wii" 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Wman1996 said:

Yes I agree with this. Wii name was IMO terrible and Wii U is possibly the worst console name ever. Revolution is a much better name. NX is good, but Switch is perfect. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

trunkswd said:

Yes I agree with this. Wii name was IMO terrible and Wii U is possibly the worst console name ever. Revolution is a much better name. NX is good, but Switch is perfect. 

I do like the Wii name, it's peepy and to the point.

But imagine if the WiiU was called Project Cafe instead, at least it would have sounded like something new

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"