By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Turns 10 TODAY!

Did you own a Wii U?

Yes 73 81.11%

No 17 18.89%

Total:90
Leynos said:

It's still hooked up but not used it in over a year. I need XBX ported to Switch.

I'd prefer if they were to remake it for the next Nintendo system personally, simply because the change to a more powerful hardware would make the upgrades aspects probably easier to be made without the same insane amount of tweaking they had to make when did make the game on the WiiU.

Honestly, I can't really fathom how difficult such a port would be for a game that was litteraly made for the system to a T.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network

The WiiU may be the console with the least amount of software I own for but that's all right because each title I played on that console felt worth it and special for the time I put into it.

Also my current Xenoblade X and Wii BC machine hahaha ! It'll never die !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I loved my wii u

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

I've had mine standing around at my office for years, seeing very little use.

A few weeks ago, I brought it home, and now I'm finally finishing up Breath of the Wild. ^^

I only got a Wii U in June of 2021, after years of wanting one. Ironically, since everyone around me has PS3's and PS4's I looked at the Wii U as the 'cool' console as a kid because of how much rarer it was to see. I also loved the Gamepad, when I tried Mario Maker at a friend's house I was amazed.

Now that I have it myself, though, I've mostly been playing the usual well-regarded games plus some of the eShop Virtual Console ones, which are often hilariously cheap in comparison to their original physical releases. I still want to get the Zelda HD remakes, though...

Around the Network

You made me sad OP, I really miss my Wii U even though I used to own a Wii U at launch.

I am evil, and I assume it:

I have bought 5 Breath of the Wild to keep them with blister and resell them around 4-500$ in a few years. There is around 1 game for 10 Wii U in the nature.

I still have my Wii U, although it needs to be fixed. One really annoying thing about it is, that disc drives are coded to motherboard, so finding a bulk drive that works without hassle from Aliexpress is impossible.

Looking at Wii U today, it's quite fine with a handful of good games on it, but back in 2015 when I bought mine, decent game releases were scarce.

The games I would recommend:
-Xenoblade Chronicles X
-Breath of the Wild
-Pikmin 3
-Hyrule Warriors
-New Suoer Mario Bros U + Super Luigi U
-Wii Fit U

Nes Remixes are also fun, and one thing where Wii U really shines is the insanely good D-pad on it's gamepad,

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Not only do I own one, but just bought a few games for it this week!

Been playing a lot of BotW and Meme Run and Wind Waker as of late with daughter!

Need a new gamepad soon though.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

RolStoppable said:

The Wii U was so lame that I couldn't be bothered to buy one at launch. Its failure was so huge that it was discounted by €50 less than three months after its launch, so that's when I got one. The biggest sin of the Wii U was that it put AAA third party publishers above gamers, hence why it turned into such a piece of trash.

Its software droughts were more severe than the N64's and GC's. Its boot-up sequence was flat out terrible and because of that, it didn't feel like a console that was about games first. It says a lot about a console when over the course of its life more playtime is spent on using its backwards compatibility than its own games. If this thing hadn't had a Wii inside of it, then there wouldn't have been enough reasons to keep it hooked up to the TV.

My top 10 games, in no particular order:

New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Yoshi's Woolly World
Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Xenoblade Chronicles X
The Wonderful 101
Hyrule Warriors

And then the sad part is that it's hard to think of anything worthwhile beyond these ten games. A top 20 would be a serious challenge to compile. I think I only own 20 retail games for the Wii U and I don't even like them all. A special mention goes to Batman because of how bad it is; unbelievable that this Batman formula is held in such high regard by reviewers.

The Wii U is much like the N64 and GC where in hindsight it may not look so bad when the entire game library is condensed into the state of being available. But if you were there right then when it all developed, it was very frustrating.

Speaking of hindsight, it's hilarious that the lifetime sales prediction average of the Wii U was higher than Switch's before their respective launches, yet Switch will go on to sell at least ten times as much as the Wii U.

The best thing about the Wii U? That it didn't come close to last five years as Nintendo's main console. Good riddance, I say.

You do like me!

Or you would never say something so offensive to me, that I would have to come back to reply.

Oh the joy you just brought me, Merry Holidays Mr. Stoppable!

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter