By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Nobody saves the World is pretty good. Started it a year ago but only played the intro. It seemed okay to me back then but it has grown on me rather quickly now that I'm playing it for real. The Guacamelee games are still far superior IMO but I'm having a good time with it nonetheless. I would rate it 8/10. Check it out before it leaves GP in 10 days.

Around the Network

Something something vampire survivors, that’s my post kthxbye

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

gtotheunit91 said:

"During the latest episode of XNC Podcast, host Colt Eastwood mentioned that he’s heard from a channel of people, who have presumably been play testing Starfield, that Bethesda’s forthcoming action RPG is bigger and more ambitious than what was previously expected.

According to Eastwood’s sources, Starfield is bigger than anything seen in Skyrim and Fallout. It takes everything the studio did with these two games and considerably expands upon. He claims to have spoken to a channel of play testers who have been closely involved with the game, and he’s been hearing great things about it. Based on what he’s heard, Bethesda has “nailed” the sense of scale.

Eastwood said that he doesn’t intend on overselling Starfield to fans, but all he’s been hearing are positive impressions from the people he’s spoken to, some of whom he claimed were pessimistic about the game."

Interesting but aren't play testers testing out every aspect of the game during development? It's odd that they wouldn't be aware of the scope and size of the game.

Saying that Starfield is bigger than anything seen in Skyrim and Fallout is kinda like saying Americans are quite fond of guns...no shit. Starfield has a whole ass galaxy to explore. 

Angelus said:
gtotheunit91 said:

"During the latest episode of XNC Podcast, host Colt Eastwood mentioned that he’s heard from a channel of people, who have presumably been play testing Starfield, that Bethesda’s forthcoming action RPG is bigger and more ambitious than what was previously expected.

According to Eastwood’s sources, Starfield is bigger than anything seen in Skyrim and Fallout. It takes everything the studio did with these two games and considerably expands upon. He claims to have spoken to a channel of play testers who have been closely involved with the game, and he’s been hearing great things about it. Based on what he’s heard, Bethesda has “nailed” the sense of scale.

Eastwood said that he doesn’t intend on overselling Starfield to fans, but all he’s been hearing are positive impressions from the people he’s spoken to, some of whom he claimed were pessimistic about the game."

Interesting but aren't play testers testing out every aspect of the game during development? It's odd that they wouldn't be aware of the scope and size of the game.

Saying that Starfield is bigger than anything seen in Skyrim and Fallout is kinda like saying Americans are quite fond of guns...no shit. Starfield has a whole ass galaxy to explore. 

I think he means overall scale probably, not just map size. More companions, more perks, more weapons, more armor pieces, a much larger and more detailed base construction system than the Fallout 4 one, more hours of content, more quests, etc. We already know the script is bigger than Skyrim, Fallout 4, and Fallout 3 combined, at 252k lines, compared to 111k for Fallout 4, 47k for Skyrim, and 40k for Fallout 3.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 04 January 2023

shikamaru317 said:
Angelus said:

I think he means overall scale probably, not just map size. More companions, more perks, more weapons, more armor pieces, a much larger and more detailed base construction system than the Fallout 4 one, etc. 

Yes please  

Although I'm installing mods to handle the base construction lol. I used the Sim Settlements mod in Fallout 4 as I was tired of the mechanic lol. I love the description of the mod on Nexus Mods site, "Settlers should build their own damn houses (and farms, and shops, and...), you've got a Commonwealth to explore!"

That being said though, I guess I'll hold off judgment until I see how Bethesda implements their base building for Starfield. 

Around the Network

y'all who are playing AoE 2 DE at the end of this month on console better get real comfortable hearing Wololo

Barozi said:

Nobody saves the World is pretty good. Started it a year ago but only played the intro. It seemed okay to me back then but it has grown on me rather quickly now that I'm playing it for real. The Guacamelee games are still far superior IMO but I'm having a good time with it nonetheless. I would rate it 8/10. Check it out before it leaves GP in 10 days.

Beat this game a while ago, one of my favorite ugly fun games.  Throw in Wizards of Legends which I have gone back to again and Vampire Survivor and you have enough ugly fun games to last the winter.

The CMA needs more time: final report delayed to 26 April 2023.

Provisional findings delayed to late January / early February 2023.

There are special reasons why the final report cannot be prepared and published within the reference period:

- The scope and complexity of the investigation

- The need to consider a large volume of evidence as well as main party and third party submissions

- The necessity to allow sufficient time to take full and proper account of comments that will be received in response to the Inquiry Group's provisional findings in due course and to reach a fully reasoned final decision in the statutory timeframe

Now the EC and CMA are very much aligned in timing for the final decision: April 11th for the EC / April 26th for the CMA

Source: Idas

Welp. Lol.

Starting to feel like nobody wants to go first, Lol. CMA's delay is from March 1st to April 26th which now puts them behind EC who were reportedly waiting to see what the CMA says after FTC's decision, at least late January - early February is still fairly soon for provisional findings which should tell us what CMA is doing but who knows if that is delayed again.

Now Microsoft is on the hook for $2.5bn breakup fee, since that date was January 18th, the new extension will be April 18th, the assumption was that if CMA's findings were really negative that Microsoft could breakup before the fee increases but that's out the window now with a late January provisional finding date, doesn't matter, only $500m extra, Lol.

Now if CMA's provisional report in January is vague enough that Microsoft can't tell which way they're leaning, they'd likely continue ahead and CMA's new closure date puts Microsoft on the hook for the $3bn breakup fee if the deal fails, Lol. Honestly, I think at this stage that Microsoft might as well renegotiate the deal with ABK and extend the final date with all these constant delays.

I said that Microsoft should have the showcase in late Jan - early Feb in case CMA's findings are negative which cause Microsoft to abandon the deal, the showcase will drown out the negative news. I change my mind now, lets have it in Jan, I'm tired of waiting, Lol. It has felt like Microsoft has been on autopilot since this deal was announced, quite frankly, the Xbox brand can't afford these long quiet periods, time to blow the lid off marketing.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 05 January 2023

Idas Thoughts #1

I think that the delay is a good sign for MS. The CMA could have followed the FTC but they are taking their time and not rushing the process.

Idas Thoughts #2

The delay suggests a few things:

- This is not an easy block because the CMA already had the arguments (decision from Phase 1) and a big supporter (the FTC) to do that. Instead, they are delaying the whole process two months (not just 2-3 weeks). Therefore, if this ends up being blocked, I expect the arguments to be more nuanced than the ones from the FTC.

- At the same time, the delay suggests that some of the arguments from MS during Phase 2 have worked because the CMA already had a blueprint for a full prohibition with the decision from Phase 1, where almost every argument from MS was rejected.

- It could also suggest that they are thinking about an approval, with or without remedies. In that case, it makes sense to have more time because both outcomes are going to be divisive: 1) because they are accepting behavioural remedies after rejecting them systematically for years or 2) because they don't see the need for remedies although this is one of the biggest deals in history, could affect nascent markets and is coming from Big Tech.

In any case, I think the extra time is good news for MS.

Timeline: Source - Idas

Well, this changes the timeline quite a bit.

Now the EC, CMA and even SAMR in China could be aligned in timing for the final decision.

New Zealand should be the next regulator to publish a decision, but I'm already expecting a fourth delay xD

NEXT IMPORTANT DATES

- January 18th 2023: original outside date (when the parties expected the merger to be done). If MS quits before that date they have to pay a termination fee of $2,000,000,000; if they don’t, the outside date gets extended until April 18th 2023.

Late January 2023: Statement of objections from the EC (unless MS can offer a convincing remedy package to avoid it).

- Late January /Early February 2023: provisional findings and remedies (if required) from the CMA.

February 3rd 2023: decision from New Zealand.

- April 11th 2023: final decision from the EC (if MS didn’t close the deal sooner).

- April 18th 2023: second extension of the original outside date. If MS quits before that date they have to pay a termination fee of $2,500,000,000; if they don’t, the outside date gets extended until July 18th 2023.

- April 26th 2023: final report and remedies (if required) from the CMA.

- April - May 2023: decision from the SAMR in China.

- July 18th 2023: The end of the second extension and final outside date in the merger agreement. If MS quits before that date they have to pay a termination fee of $3,000,000,000; if they don’t, they’ll have to renegotiate the outside date with ABK.

- August 2nd 2023: beginning of the FTC in-house trial.

Early 2024: decision from the FTC administrative law judge.

Anything beyond that: unknown

Also 

- It’s taking longer than usual to cash Sonys check due to the size of it.

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 05 January 2023

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition