By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Mystic Spear is what I have been planning to play ever since the reveal video for the class. Will be awhile though since I am waiting to play the game until they patch some of the issues (or get modded out by modders) and a good sale price.

Around the Network
G2ThaUNiT said:

If anything, Creative Assembly create the more hardcore RTS games than Relic does.

Microsoft does own Rise of Nations but I’m curious if it’s StarCraft! Unlikely but if Blizzard doesn’t want anything to do with the IP, then MS literally has an RTS studio.

I'd much prefer Blizzard made Warcraft 4 over Starcraft 3, but they probably see more profits in making live services style games (Diablo, WoW, Overwatch). Maybe if they can somehow figure out how to make an RTS with live services, they would want to do it?

But some startup company out there could easily make profits doing RTS games.

Dulfite said:
G2ThaUNiT said:

If anything, Creative Assembly create the more hardcore RTS games than Relic does.

Microsoft does own Rise of Nations but I’m curious if it’s StarCraft! Unlikely but if Blizzard doesn’t want anything to do with the IP, then MS literally has an RTS studio.

I'd much prefer Blizzard made Warcraft 4 over Starcraft 3, but they probably see more profits in making live services style games (Diablo, WoW, Overwatch). Maybe if they can somehow figure out how to make an RTS with live services, they would want to do it?

But some startup company out there could easily make profits doing RTS games.

Indeed. The studio is named Frost Giant and the game is called Stormgate! 😎 ex-Blizzard devs are going to show current Blizzard that RTS games can be monetized in todays world. Hopefully lol 

Xbox could become an RTS powerhouse if they put the effort in.

I was wondering how this thread got 100 post in the past 24 hours, now I know.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

Aren't they already #1?

I mean, Age of Empires II: DE, Age of Empires IV, Age of Mythology.

World's Edge is underappreciated, they've really handled the IP very well.

• 2019 - Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
  • 2020 - Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition
  • 2021 - Age of Empires IV (PC)
  • 2023 - Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition (Xbox Port)
  • 2023 - Age of Empires IV (Xbox Port)
  • 2024 - Age of Mythology Retold, Age of Empire Mobile.

Plus the sheer amount of expansions and post launch support, Lol.

Genuine question but isn't Age of Empires the biggest RTS?

I would like to see more RTS though, some more casual ones like the Halo Wars 3/Elder Scrolls suggestion.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 29 March 2024

World's Edge really found some great partners too in Forgotten Empires and Tantalus Media.

Shame Keyworld owns them both, could have made them World's Edge Ohio and World's Edge Australia

• Port Halo Wars 2 to Steam.
  • Remaster Rise of Nations
  • Remaster Starcraft II
  • Remaster Warcraft I
  • Remaster Warcraft II
  • Do a Proper Remaster of Warcraft III

Forgotten Empires and Tantalus can do all that.

Go over to Relic and say: What do you want to work on? Age of Empires V? Halo Wars 3? Rise of Nations II? Starcraft III? Warcraft IV? Let em pick, honestly, it could be more than one given Relic is a large studio and will need a publishing partner now.

The only IP there that would maybe come under World's Edge is Rise of Nations, 343i would be in charge of Halo Wars 3 and Blizzard in charge of Starcraft/Warcraft but I do wonder if World's Edge should be involved too since they have the relationship with Tantalus, Forgotten Empires and Relic, they will also give the IPs the respect they deserve.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 29 March 2024

Ryuu96 said:
smroadkill15 said:

Aren't they already #1?

I would like to see more RTS though, some more casual ones like the Halo Wars 3/Elder Scrolls suggestion.

Arguably, yes Age of Empires is the biggest RTS franchise at this point. You could make the argument of StarCraft being more legendary or Total War being more consistent on releases, but as far as overall packages with consistent quality releases and post launch support, Age of Empires is the definitively the king right now. 

Other closest franchise I can think of would be Anno from Ubisoft, but definitely nowhere close in popularity lol

Even Age of Empires Esports viewership continues to grow! 

Last edited by G2ThaUNiT - on 29 March 2024

Ryuu96 said:
smroadkill15 said:

Aren't they already #1?

I'd imagine that's because RTS isn't that big of a genre on console. PC is probably like 90% (if not even higher) of that franchise's player base. So they probably go under the radar when strictly talking about console users. 

Finally unlocked all vocations and ultimate skills. Wayfarer is nice, I’ve finally unlocked fashion dogma.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition