By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Do the announced changes at Halo Studios (prev. 343 Industries) have you optimistic for the future of the franchise?

Yes 8 66.67%

No 2 16.67%

Still need convincing (sp... 2 16.67%

Total:12

Corden later said, “no not a cloud handheld, a fully native Xbox handheld.”

Disaster averted, after all the excitement a Cloud handheld would have been a hilarious mistake.

Around the Network

I would so get a portable xbox - would play third party titles on the go or at break like I'm doing with Switch third parties.

crissindahouse said:
Barozi said:

It does have an impressive score of 0.5 on TA 😀

With 1 vote lol. Has 86% positive rating on Steam though. 

I know, that was the joke.

But Steam Reviews? Really? I couldn't think of a worse way to rate games.

G2ThaUNiT said:
shikamaru317 said:

One of the main Resident Evil leakers is saying that RE9 is open world and using the same open world build of the RE Engine as Dragon's Dogma 2. Hopefully they can figure out a way to improve performance before then, such as adding a draw distance for NPC's/zombies to limit the number drawing CPU resources.

He also says that Res 9 may be the longest in development and largest RE game to date.

I don't like the idea of Resident Evil being open world. The series is all about claustrophobic atmosphere and close encounters to keep you on the edge of your seat. Not going to get the same feeling if I can see all enemies coming at me from a safe distance lol. Not to mention, the series is all about barely having any supplies, including ammunition, whatsoever. So would the open world be even MORE barebones to ensure you don't have too much?

I'm not too worried about the technical aspect though. DD2's open world design is a direct continuation of the first game. MH Rise runs perfectly fine as an open world RE Engine game. 

Same, hope they can pull it off though. 

So after 15hrs my initial impressions of DD2 are;

+ In terms of lasting legacy in the RPG space, nothing is really going to come close to Skyrim, but in terms of rewarded the player for just running off in a random direction or exploring nothing has come even close to Skyrim as this game has. The sense of discovery is incredible. Just now I ventured into the royal castle to explore and found a lift, for some reason I didn’t try to activate it but instead proceeded to spend the next 30m (and dying once) climbing to the top whilst avoiding holes in the stairs; my reward? An (reusable) item that shows wakestone shards on the map. 

/ Performance issues aren’t a massive detriment to the overall experience, possibly due to me playing on a VRR display but it’s not game breaking. Hoping for a performance patch tho, 60fps/noRT 

- I’ve complained about it before but the lack of quest markers combined with very limited fast travel items really is concerning. There’s ox carts that can take you places but when they’re destroyed 5m into the ride that doesn’t help. I’m hoping for an eternal ferrystone just like DDDA added and a re-balancing of the economy, haircuts shouldn’t cost 10k gold when a full character creation cost 500rc. 

I do have a few smaller complaints that aren’t worth mentioning. Overall, tho, it’s very much a sequel to DD and that’s ok, even if at times it feels like CC played it very safe. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

I would so get a portable xbox - would play third party titles on the go or at break like I'm doing with Switch third parties.

Same. With similar power as the Xbox Series S would be brilliant.

In saying that... Microsoft next quarter could be worth $1 trillion dollars more than Apple in terms of market cap and hit $4 trillion by the end of the year... And this is purely on the back of Cloud and A.I which is doing stupid numbers.

Honestly for the next console/console revision Microsoft needs to start including microphones into the base console and/or controllers so that gamers and users can leverage one of the best features of Kinect, which was voice commands. - And of course leverage A.I. in the process.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Ryuu96 said:

Corden later said, “no not a cloud handheld, a fully native Xbox handheld.”

Disaster averted, after all the excitement a Cloud handheld would have been a hilarious mistake.

I still have my fingers crossed for a handheld PC/native Xbox Hybrid.

I have thought a little more about it lately And I think MS would be able to do it the same way they support Linux executable/sandbox with WSL and WSL2 (Windows Subsystem for Linux)

I'm thinking:

• semi-custom hardware the likes of the Xbox series able to run the entire library with Series S version.
  • Booting into Windows but with a custom Xbox style UI
  • Ability to toggle to and back a native Windows UI
  • Xbox executables are launched with a new WSX (windows subsystem for Xbox) with no performance overhead
  • Full Windows capability like other handheld pc

This would solve the issue regarding the potential dual booth we were discussing a few weeks ago.

Anyway in both cases day 1 buy for me. I recently held off of an open box RoG Ally listed at 600$ CAD because I want the tech to mature a tad more but this would do it for sure.

I hope it has b/c.

Done with Tales of Arise.

Finished the game, all side quests (they are all pretty poor) and some misc achievements (870G) in 51 hours according to my save file.

Things haven't gotten any better since last time.

I think of the final 10 hours of the main quest, around 8 hours were nothing but cutscenes and only around 2 hours of roaming/fighting. Pretty poor pacing.

7.0/10

Last edited by Barozi - on 23 March 2024