By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I just kicked a 12 foot tall bear's ass as Saejima, gotta lotta Yakuza games.

Around the Network

Lots of games announced in Sony's state of play, it is great to see Sony really trying to make their fanbase happy.

Zippy6 said:

I can't say this random discord screenshot posted on neogaf is legit or not. Dude supposedly knew info about Indiana Jones before the direct such as VA, Harrison Ford model etc.

But I'm not really interested in discussing if what they said is true or not I'm more interested in just the hypothetical idea they put forward when they said "in talks with some manufacturers to make their own version of xbox consoles."

I guess this would be kind of similar to what Valve wanted to do way back when they introduced Steam Machines. So different manufactures could all make their own "Xbox". I'm wondering how a strategy like that could turn out and if it would be a viable option for Xbox's next generation. I guess really it would turn out to be more like a set of prebuilt pc's with a windows based OS using a frontend optimised for gamepad.

Well it was just the indiana jones info before the xbox event, but now after the state of play last night the Kojima making a movie has turned out to be true as well with physint. Not sure what to think about the rest of what they said now. We'll see if anything else comes true in the future.

Finished up Lies of P last night, and I REALLY enjoyed it. (Thanks, Game Pass!) I've never played any Soulsbourne game before so it took me a bit to get the hang of Lies of P but now that I have, I will definitely check out Dark Souls/Elden Ring, etc. I already have a copy of Elden Ring that I got for my son so that may be the next game of this type for me.

Next game up though will be Persona 3 Reload tomorrow!

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

shikamaru317 said:
Machiavellian said:

Let me ask you this, did Ori going to the Switch also make you feel the same way.  I mean out of all the games that is coming out on the MS platform, 2 games going multiplate is getting you feeling a certain way.  I have said this before, MS does not care about what you care about.  MS is never going to win the console war because the console war is over.  In order for MS to see real success they have to think way different and upset the market in a different way.  MS does not care if you do not purchase a Xbox next gen because you fear you can get their games on PS, Nintendo, PC, Smart Phone.  They have moved on from that type of thinking and they are more concerned about getting you into GP, no matter what hardware you are on or just playing their games no matter what platform you choose to use.  The game is different and you guys will have to realize, at some point, that MS is also different in their approach to the market.

I already woke up and realized that Xbox's vision no longer aligns with mine, nor does Sony's for that matter, it's why this will probably be my final generation buying a Microsoft or Sony home gaming console. They're both trying to sell people on console hardware while simultaneously putting all of their so-called exclusives on PC. Sony at least waits 2 years or so to port their 1st party, but they're both doing it now. What purpose does a console serve these days really? Exclusives no longer exist, you get less customization of graphics/framerate options, pricing is barely better than comparable PC hardware, PC is more controller/gamepad friendly than ever before, you have to pay for multiplayer on console but not on PC, crossplay on basically every multiplayer game these days means you're stuck playing against mouse and keyboard players anyway just like you would be playing on PC with a controller/gamepad, PC has the largest game library by far, not only across all generations but within each generation as well. Consoles have lost nearly every edge they once had in the console vs PC debate, about all that's left now is a small price/performance advantage that really amounts to nothing in the long run thanks to paid multiplayer on console

I will stay subbed to Gamepass obviously, there is no denying it is the best value in gaming by a country mile, even more so because it's free for me thanks to Microsoft rewards (and will cost even less of my reward points once I switch to PC since the PC Gamepass codes cost less than Gamepass Ultimate codes). In a way I'm doing what Microsoft wants, by staying on their ecosystem at all, but at least I won't be a big enough dope to give them $500 again (likely more for the high end console model next-gen) for an Xbox console and then miss out on many games since quite alot of developers don't seem to want to port to Xbox hardware. 

To each their own.  I stop doing PC a long time ago because I just do not care about the grind of always getting the latest hardware or upgrading constantly so I can experience better graphics.  At the end of the day, I just stop caring about those things I use to care a lot about when I was younger.  Now I just want to load up a game and play and not worry about messing with settings, drivers and a host of other issues just to enjoy my experience. While I do have a PC capable of playing the latest games, I rarely use it for games since my Job basically have me in front of it for 8 hours a day.  I usually decide on which console I purchase first based on which system gives me the best experience, currently that is MS box but that could easily change to Sony depending on both their moves in the coming years..  I also do not care about exclusives all that much.

As you stated, you are doing exactly what MS want because they do not care about hardware in the same way console players think.  They are more focus on eco system and how they can get you as a customer that stays in their eco system no matter what hardware you choose to use.  While exclusive are key for a console what I have seen is that its not key for success.  

Around the Network
kenjab said:

Finished up Lies of P last night, and I REALLY enjoyed it. (Thanks, Game Pass!) I've never played any Soulsbourne game before so it took me a bit to get the hang of Lies of P but now that I have, I will definitely check out Dark Souls/Elden Ring, etc. I already have a copy of Elden Ring that I got for my son so that may be the next game of this type for me.

Next game up though will be Persona 3 Reload tomorrow!

One thing for sure, Elden Ring will be much easier combat wise than Lies of P.  While I enjoyed Lies of P, I never really felt like I needed to replay it again to experience the different endings.

I like how some of you guys again and again fall for what your insiders write on Twitter or elsewhere just to learn again and again how they know as much as anyone else and just talk crap. Is it too much to ask for not to think half of the day about what some insiders say when 70% of it is just bullshit?

And I'm not talking about some leaks from what may be in development and release in years. I mean stuff about something you will or won't learn about a day later. Is it so important to know about something a few hours or days before the date it will be officially announced to even read all this insider stuff from them?

Just turn on your Xbox, play some games and stop caring about what these insiders say. There’s been nothing but doom and gloom in here for months lol. JUST PLAY YOUR DAMN GAMES!

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Looks like Sony is making a new handheld. What do you guys think, should Xbox make their own handheld? If so, should it be an open PC handheld with Xbox branding, or a closed Xbox ecosystem only handheld? Or should they just stick with partners for PC handhelds like the Asus ROG Ally they already partnered with?

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 01 February 2024

shikamaru317 said:

Looks like Sony is making a new handheld. What do you guys think, should Xbox make their own handheld? If so, should it be an open PC handheld with Xbox branding, or a closed Xbox ecosystem only handheld? Or should they just stick with partners for PC handhelds like the Asus ROG Ally they already partnered with?

I'm curious as to whether or not Sony would treat it as a handheld with its own dedicated games like PSP/PS Vita, or as a portable PS5. I certainly hope its the latter because Sony is struggling on just supporting the PSVR2. I can't imagine they can afford to take even more first party resources to support yet another separate system. A portable PS5 is what I thought the PS Portal was going to be originally lol. 

I personally would prefer if Xbox just stuck with partners for PC handhelds. It's still getting the job done of associating Xbox with these devices. Xbox could go further by adding Game Pass to Steam, so even Steam Deck users get more Xbox content, and tbh, the console shortages proved MS can't just force manufactures to prioritize their gaming hardware over their more successful competitors. Now that handheld PC gaming is getting more and more competitors, by the time Xbox would get their own handheld out there, it would be in already saturated market.