By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:

FTC: “When Sony wins PlayStation gamers win. When Microsoft wins nobody wins”

Actually with the recent data in Europe (showing that Xbox is way behind); I think that if the FTC is going too far Microsoft can just play the game of "WTF are you doing trying to put down the only American company trying to compete in that area" and get the public but also the politics on their side. This is ridiculous at this point and frankly, while I'm not an American, I have no freaking clue why the fuck FTC is trying to get Sony a free win...

I think this can get ugly for the FTC if they go too far with this. They are fighting against the US companies and giving a huge edge to non-US companies... I get that their role is to protect the "consumer" (lol?) but at this point, they perfectly know that they are helping Sony which is dominating big time. And want to prevent Microsoft from using anything they can to even out the playing field.

This is getting ridiculous...

Imaginedvl said:
VersusEvil said:

FTC: “When Sony wins PlayStation gamers win. When Microsoft wins nobody winsâ€Â

Actually with the recent data in Europe (showing that Xbox is way behind); I think that if the FTC is going too far Microsoft can just play the game of "WTF are you doing trying to put down the only American company trying to compete in that area" and get the public but also the politics on their side. This is ridiculous at this point and frankly, while I'm not an American, I have no freaking clue why the fuck FTC is trying to get Sony a free win...

I think this can get ugly for the FTC if they go too far with this. They are fighting against the US companies and giving a huge edge to non-US companies... I get that their role is to protect the "consumer" (lol?) but at this point, they perfectly know that they are helping Sony which is dominating big time. And want to prevent Microsoft from using anything they can to even out the playing field.

This is getting ridiculous...

Generally speaking the FTC is right to stop concentration to the point of monopoly, but they are currently intent to die on a hill for an area, in which there are despite some consolidation no clear market leaders and no easy monopolization. That is down to the explosions of indies. FTC doesn't seem to realize this. And MS is even with the acquisitions not the biggest player here.

The global market leaders here are Tencent and Sony, maybe Nintendo (although they are only dominating in a small subset of market, which could fast implode as the WiiU gen showed).

The EU was far more on the right path in this, by seeing that the gaming market is actually multiple markets (computer, console, mobile and streaming) and the only market this acquisition might be helping monopolizing is the streaming market, for which they got concessions out of Microsoft.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

The USA is too busy right now trying to destroy itself. The FTC crap is just a small piece of a larger puzzle.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

Hellblade II trailer was amazing.

The Kemuri game is from the girl who left the Ghostwire Tokyo team midway through development due to stress and then opened her own studio. Hope it makes it to Xbox.