By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Very happy for Tango

Xbox's full list of nominations.

Best Art Direction
Hi-Fi Rush (Tango Gameworks/Bethesda Softworks)

Best Score and Music
Hi-Fi Rush, Audio Director Shuichi Kobori (Tango Gameworks/Bethesda Softworks)

Best Audio Design

Innovation in Accessibility
Diablo IV (Blizzard Entertainment)
Forza Motorsport (Turn 10 Studios/Xbox Game Studios)

Best Action Game

Best RPG
Starfield (Bethesda Game Studios/Bethesda Softworks)

Best Sports/Racing
Forza Motorsport (Turn 10 Studios/Xbox Game Studios)

Best Multiplayer Presented by Discord
Diablo IV (Blizzard Entertainment)

Around the Network

Best Esports Game
Counter-Strike 2 (Valve)
Dota 2 (Valve)
League of Legends (Riot Games)
PUBG Mobile (LightSpeed Studios/Tencent Games)
Valorant (Riot Games)

Best Esports Athlete
Lee “Faker” Sang-hyeok (League of Legends)
Mathieu “ZywOo” Herbaut (CS:GO)
Max “Demon1” Mazanov (Valorant)
Paco “HyDra” Rusiewiez (Call of Duty)
Park “Ruler” Jae-hyuk (League of Legends)
Phillip ”ImperialHal” Dosen (Apex Legends)

Best Esports Team
Evil Geniuses (Valorant)
Fnatic (Valorant)
Gaimin Gladiators (Dota 2)
JD Gaming (League of Legends)
Team Vitality (Counter-Strike)

Best Esports Coach
Christine “potter” Chi (Evil Geniuses – Valorant)
Danny “zonic” Sorensen (Team Falcons – Counter-Strike)
Jordan “Gunba” Graham (Florida Mayhem – Overwatch)
Remy “XTQZZZ” Quoniam (Team Vitality – Counter-Strike)
Yoon “Homme” Sung-young (JD Gaming – League of Legends)

Best Esports Event
2023 League of Legends World Championship
Blast.tv Paris Major 2023
EVO 2023
The International Dota 2 Championships 2023
Valorant Champions 2023

-

Remove PUGB Mobile and replace it with Halo Infinite.

Although...All the eSports rewards are treated like throwaways anyway when Geoff does them, not sure why he still even has eSports rewards, Lol.

I especially love the segments where he spits out like 5 rewards over the course of a minute.

Ryuu96 said:

-

Although...All the eSports rewards are treated like throwaways anyway when Geoff does them, not sure why he still even has eSports rewards, Lol.

I especially love the segments where he spits out like 5 rewards over the course of a minute.

Yeah, they have an incredibly long show with way too much people talking endlessly and not enough time for the actual awards.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Ryuu96 said:

-

Yeah, they have an incredibly long show with way too much people talking endlessly and not enough time for the actual awards.

I think they spend more time on ads than rewards 💀

Jk...But seriously, the show becomes less an award show by the year and more just an ad show, I think even Geoff knows that the reason people mostly tune in isn't the rewards, it's the game reveals, but still it feels awkward in those moments when he's like "and this won that and this won that and this won that, here's a trailer for a new game" Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 13 November 2023

Not sure why Metacritic/TGA's doesn't just use the "Microsoft Gaming" moniker and make things simpler for themselves

Microsoft themselves use it...Easier than typing out Xbox/Activision-Blizzard/Bethesda.

Around the Network

Who cares whether RE4R deserves a nomination or not. BG3 is taking it anyway and we all know it

GotY nominations are way too predictable this year btw. I was sure about 5 of them, not so sure about last one which ended up being RE4R which is the most questionable it seems.

derpysquirtle64 said:

GotY nominations are way too predictable this year btw. I was sure about 5 of them, not so sure about last one which ended up being RE4R which is the most questionable it seems.

RE4R was a great game for, but it was much closer to a 1:1 remake when compared to RE2R. RE2R was completely changed and overhauled in every conceivable way to the point that it was like a brand new game. A fantastic one at that, so I understand why that remake was nominated for GOTY.

RE4R though.....it was modernized in controls, graphics, a couple new gameplay mechanics like the knife parry, and a few changes to the story, but nothing that made it feel like I was playing a new game that I had never experienced before. 

By far the most divisive nomination for sure. Not because it wasn't a great game, but because it's a modernized version of a 2005 game. 

I personally want BG3 to win GOTY but I'd be fine if Alan Wake 2 won. I don't think Spider-Man 2 or TOTK should win, not that I think they're undeserving or anything but both games are largely the same as their previous outings.

Random side note but I'm starting to believe that Microsoft will take over Apple again as #1 market cap, eventually.