By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Die hard fanbase you dislike? ^_^

TheTitaniumNub said:
Agente42 said:

Quake fans?

Whoa man... what's wrong with us Quake fans...

He must be got fragged by the bunnyhoppers infinite times and he then got telefragged twice.

We're too toxic. *wheezing*

Around the Network

Mod teams are gay too

Everyone tbh...

Over the years I've found that if you let a fanbase fester long enough, it can become toxic from the inside out, meaning new members either become the new meat to trash on, or become indoctrinated into what a fanbase is trying to push.

These days I just talks to the odd few friends about a new or old show/movie/game/artwork and that's about it, I've not even been using Discord for months now, because I find most of the servers I'm on either intoxicating or a loud noise in which you're drowned out in, so I just don't see the point anymore.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

JoJo fanbase. Gosh, you'd think JoJo was the only anime that exited with how they talk.

XanderXT said:

JoJo fanbase. Gosh, you'd think JoJo was the only anime that exited with how they talk.

Whaaaat!?! You mean it isn't??? /s

Around the Network

Okay, so I feel I should say something here. There is nothing wrong with Marvel fans... well, there wasn't until the films and Disney took over. 'Marvel' fans are not Marvel Comics fans, they are film fans who like the superhero genre put out by Marvel.

Now, you want to hate on a specific group of fanboyism of comics? Hate on X-men comic fans, I know, I'm one of them. Know-it-all idiots (I haven't read X-men in 6 years Bendis and Hickman ruined things, screw Hickman and his child like writing).

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

Okay, so I feel I should say something here. There is nothing wrong with Marvel fans... well, there wasn't until the films and Disney took over. 'Marvel' fans are not Marvel Comics fans, they are film fans who like the superhero genre put out by Marvel.

Now, you want to hate on a specific group of fanboyism of comics? Hate on X-men comic fans, I know, I'm one of them. Know-it-all idiots (I haven't read X-men in 6 years Bendis and Hickman ruined things, screw Hickman and his child like writing).

I used to read the Xmen comics primary too, great memories I read them since 2008 to 2013. my favorite was Messiah Complex series with the death of many marauraders I won't reveal the many journeys X men had I prefer others to find themselfs by reading and paying for those adventures also X factor Xmen was scary nimrod the time traveling with scary face. and Xforce. I think I spent like 20,000$ on alot of Xmen comics between Xmen, Uncanny Xmen, X force , X factor, Spiderman, World War Hulk, Rulk few niche comics etc. also Dc comic countdown.

Memories love

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 09 November 2022

SegaHeart said:

I used to read the Xmen comics primary too, great memories I read them since 2008 to 2013. my favorite was Messiah Complex series with the death of many marauraders I won't reveal the many journeys X men had I prefer others to find themselfs by reading and paying for those adventures also X factor Xmen was scary nimrod the time traveling with scary face. and Xforce. I think I spent like 20,000$ on alot of Xmen comics between Xmen, Uncanny Xmen, X force , X factor, Spiderman, World War Hulk, Rulk few niche comics etc. also Dc comic countdown.

Memories love

I sadly cannot forgive what that cross-over did to Bishop. Dedicated to the cause but changed in that single moment just for the 'cliffhanger moment'. However the writing around the time was top notch, Brubaker was great but Mike Carey was so good he held X-men for like 5 or 6 years, no writer does that anymore. Issue came later when instead of Marvel hiring Eisner Award winning writers to give the X-men a nice spin, it fell on to their clique. Bendis then Hickman. Bendis good at writing Noir/single character had no idea how to write the X-men. It hurt reading what was in my view terrible plots and inconsistent characterisations. And Hickman on the Avengers? God, was some of the worst writing I've ever read, and I read Austen's X-men (weirdly his Exiles was great).

God knows how many comics I've got, probs not as many as you, collected from around 1999 casually (but have every X-men/Uncanny since 2001, plus more from collecting the back catalogue) then properly once I got real job around 2006 until end of Hickman's Incursion bullshit (It was so badly done... Hickman again. I pretty much blame him for me no longer reading Marvel.) and end of Bendis X-men. 

I only buy 'Epic collections' now and that few and far between, mainly of anything in the 80s. 

Hmm, pie.

Mystro-Sama said:

Jojo fans. Its a cult at this point.

XanderXT said:

You guys might as well check it out on Baki fans if you have a lot of time :D

The Star Wars fans that pretend that the sequel trilogy did not ruin the SW universe.

I LOVE ICELAND!