By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Bloodborne The Old Hunters is the single best expansion I've ever played. It has the best bosses, and the base game already had fantastic bosses.
Dark Soul 3 Ringed city.
DA Inquisition - Tresspaser. I guess Jaws of Hakkon and The Descent were fine as well.
Counting MMORPGs, I guess Burning Crusade from WOW. It was the best WOW has ever been.

Other than that, I guess the usual answers, Witcher 3 Blood and Wine and Hearts of Stone, Skyrim Dawnguard/Dragonborn, Horizon Frozen Wild. Theres a reason they are the common answers, because all of them are great.

Around the Network

Sorry to be typical but it’s just the truth - Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. The Witcher 3 already blew me away with the base game; what I found with the expansions really catapulted that game and experience into the stratosphere for me, and the ending of Blood and Wine really made me feel like a truly epic adventure had come to a wholesome, natural and satisfying conclusion. I still get chills thinking about how it all went even now, and even feel a bit emotional! (Ok, a lot). I can’t say if the game would have been my favourite of all time without the expansions but with them, it dethroned my two decade long favourite game ever, Majora’s Mask. A truly staggering achievement from CD Projekt Red.

Don't play many expansions/DLC but I think these should generally rank high in most people's list if they played them:

ME3: Citadel
HorizonZD: Frozen Wilds

Some of my favorites:
-Both of Witcher 3's expansions
-Borderlands 2's Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC
-Fallout 3's DLC's

HigHurtenflurst said:

Don't play many expansions/DLC but I think these should generally rank high in most people's list if they played them:

ME3: Citadel
HorizonZD: Frozen Wilds

I never play DLC anymore since it comes out after I've put the game behind me. But this does make me interested in the remaster since those include the extras. Same for Witcher 3, I would buy a PS5 remake with DLC included.

Around the Network

1) StarCraft: Brood Wars.
2) Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction.
3) Alpha Centauri: Alien Crossfire.
4) Elder Scrolls Oblivion: Shivering Isles.
5) Baldur’s Gate II: Throne of Bhaal .
6) Dragon Age: Awakening.
7) Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark.
8) Dark Reign: Rise of the Shadowhand.
9) Total Annihilation: The Core Contingency.
10) Dungeon Keeper: Deeper Dungeons.

I feel like expansions haven't really been notable in recent years, or my tastes lay with older games.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 17 October 2022

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Ones so important they're basically integral to the game now:

• StarCraft: Brood War
  • Diablo II: Lord of Destruction

Great DLC, though not essential:

• Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker
  • Bloodborne: The Old Hunters (mostly because the lead up to and then the fight with Orphan of Kos is amazing)
  • Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds
  • Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta

I will always have a soft spot for Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Mummelmann said:

I would say; Lord of Destruction for Diablo II, Blood and Wine for The Witcher 3, Beyond the Sword for Civilization IV, and Throne of Bhaal for Baldur's Gate II.

I forgot the Baldur's Gate expansions. Yeah, those are awesome, too.

With Civiliation IV it always annoyed me that you couldn't play with both the Warlords and Beyond the Sword expansions at the same time even if you got both.

Yeah, that's some weird BS, they had their own launchers and menus as well. Beyond the Sword actually had a couple of good mods as well. One of the best conversion mods for any game I ever played was Fall from Heaven II on Beyond the Sword, it's a fantasy mod with amazing new mechanics and factions.

Bloodborne: The Old Hunters - Some epic fights. Ludwig is probably the toughest fight overall, more than any in the base game.
Torna: The Golden Country - I love the atmosphere and it had a lot to do.
If we're talking about more peaceful/less advertised (I guess) I would say
Welcome Amiibo for New Leaf: A lot of new and cool things.
2.0 Update for New Horizons: So much added in a lot of the updates.
Stardew Valley updates

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima