By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your VR Game Experiences?

CaptainExplosion said:
SanAndreasX said:

I tried it a few times in store demoes. I ended up never getting it, so I probably didn't play it enough to cause those kinds of symptoms. 

So you don't remember any warning labels mentioning those symptoms either? Danny Avidan from Game Grumps said he tried it in the 90s and had to run to the bathroom to vomit.

I did remember seeing those warnings on the box, but that didn't surprise me. The OG Game Boy had warnings not to play too long because that could cause headaches and vision problems, too. And that I do remember, because I used to play it for long periods of time. The low refresh rate that caused the blur effect didn't help, either. 

The Virtual Boy was an interesting idea, but it seemed like games rendered entirely in red on a system that wasn't actually portable was a novelty. My dad loved those kinds of things, though.

Around the Network
SanAndreasX said:
CaptainExplosion said:

So you don't remember any warning labels mentioning those symptoms either? Danny Avidan from Game Grumps said he tried it in the 90s and had to run to the bathroom to vomit.

I did remember seeing those warnings on the box, but that didn't surprise me. The OG Game Boy had warnings not to play too long because that could cause headaches and vision problems, too. And that I do remember, because I used to play it for long periods of time. The low refresh rate that caused the blur effect didn't help, either. 

The Virtual Boy was an interesting idea, but it seemed like games rendered entirely in red on a system that wasn't actually portable was a novelty. My dad loved those kinds of things, though.

Well Nintendo has shown with LABO VR that they're willing to give VR another shot.

Does not get any better playing RE4 VR and Half Life: Alyx. Some of the best gaming experiences iv ever had.

Azzanation said:

Does not get any better playing RE4 VR and Half Life: Alyx. Some of the best gaming experiences iv ever had.

Would wanna try those experiences.

I'm mostly playing standalone Quest 2 (once I got free of the cable, it's tiresome to go back to "connected to PC" experience), so my favourites, so far, are Moss: Book 1 and 2, The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners and Red Matter (eagerly awaiting S&S 2, and still haven't got around to playing RM 2 yet).

My kid tells me I have to play I Expect You To Die (both 1 and 2), but that's in the backlog as well.

I had a lot of fun with Arizona Sunshine as well, especially in coop, I think I've been through it with right about everyone in my family.

Fisherman's Tale is really sweet, but short puzzle solving adventure with a unique twist.

Around the Network

Bought the original VIVE in 2016, Upgraded my controllers to the Index Controllers in 2019 and upgraded my headset to Vive Pro 2 in 2021. I have tried probably 50+ games on Steam VR. Half Life: alyx is still my best experience in VR and really high up there in gaming experiences period.

I still use VR almost every day for cardio exercise, Beat Saber probably the game I have the most hours logged in because of that. Recently been playing Holo Ball for my work out but despite my fairly large play area finding that game a little on dangerous side. A couple time am on left hit ball come flying back too me on far right and I lunge to catch up and end up slamming into wall. Normally the grid warning is plenty of warning for me but when I try to pivot opposite direction at full speed it easy to blow by it.

Gaming 2022 been a slow year for me in VR not really anything new other then games I buy to switch up my cardio workout to keep it fun. Generally cardio I play a new game for a month but then end up going back to Beat Saber.

On the gaming side Bonework labs through might get more play time from me once we get more community mods since at least that game fully embracing the mod community.

I recall playing something at Magic Mountain in the mid 90s. I think it was a shooter and they put you in a harness. I’m pretty sketchy on details. That’s my only experience with VR.

Cyran said:

Bought the original VIVE in 2016, Upgraded my controllers to the Index Controllers in 2019 and upgraded my headset to Vive Pro 2 in 2021. I have tried probably 50+ games on Steam VR. Half Life: alyx is still my best experience in VR and really high up there in gaming experiences period.

I still use VR almost every day for cardio exercise, Beat Saber probably the game I have the most hours logged in because of that. Recently been playing Holo Ball for my work out but despite my fairly large play area finding that game a little on dangerous side. A couple time am on left hit ball come flying back too me on far right and I lunge to catch up and end up slamming into wall. Normally the grid warning is plenty of warning for me but when I try to pivot opposite direction at full speed it easy to blow by it.

Gaming 2022 been a slow year for me in VR not really anything new other then games I buy to switch up my cardio workout to keep it fun. Generally cardio I play a new game for a month but then end up going back to Beat Saber.

On the gaming side Bonework labs through might get more play time from me once we get more community mods since at least that game fully embracing the mod community.

I tried Holoball in PSVR and actually put a dent in my ceiling lol. Ripped the plastic ball off the move as well, taped back on with scotch tape, still works!

I played Beat Saber a lot, great workout but it gets hot in the headset after 10 minutes. Beat Saber without having to wear a headset would be true next gen. Hopefully I live long enough to see holo projectors in action :)

My first playthrough of Thumper was all in VR, it was incredible. Still a great game on a normal screen, just talking about it made me feel like playing it. But on VR it was mindblowing.

A few PSVR games I own, would play more if not for the work to setup and it being in the middle of the way.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."