By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your VR Game Experiences?

On October 4th I played my first ever VR arcade game, King Kong of Skull Island. It was pretty fun, I liked that the cabinet had a built-in fan to simulate the wind in my face as I slapped away virtual monsters, but it was awfully short.

What VR gaming experiences have you had?

Around the Network

Never had a VR experience due to very high prices where I live, but I totally support the Virtual Reality world.

I hope for it to grow and evolve. Since my teens I want to have a gaming experience with the potential of VR, and to see it slowly becoming a reality makes me happy.

I have a Quest 2 and HP Reverb G2.

I enjoy both. Like to play Beat Saber, Skyrim VR, Half Life Alyx, Hellblade hoping to get into racing games with my racing wheel soon but trying to build up my tolerance because I get motion sick. Also want to try Elite Dangerous VR. I bought it, but need to get a flight controller.

I am sold on VR for the long term. Hoping to buy a high end one once the new generation of headsets all release and I can compare them. My gaming PC has an RTX 3080ti so it has been able to handle games quite well at high resolutions and framerates. Just want a much better FOV, eye tracking, and haptic feedback to make the experience more seamless.

The Virtual Boy, and that Rocky game on PSVR. Also been on a few virtual rollercoasters ar Universal Studios Hollywood.

Oculus Rift 1 demo on bestbuy back in 2017?

Around the Network

I have enjoyed PSVR a lot, so much I bought a second one. I've played about a hundred games + experiences on the headset, truly marvelous and I've already tried to pre-order psvr2. (Not taking pre-orders yet lol)

Highlights for me were Rez Infinite (Area X), RE7, Skyrim, The Solus Project, Astrobot Recue Mission, Moss, Beat Saber, Superhot, Psychonauts Rhombus of Ruin, Statik, Bound, Thumper, Cavernous wastes, Windlands, Farpoint, Arizona Sunshine, Here they lie, Mervils a VR adventure, Ace Combat 7, GT Sport, DriveClub, Wipeout.

Have a Rift that I don't use anymore, have a Quest 2. Played a small variety of titles. Minecraft VR a lot, Brass Tactics, Lucky's Tale, Budget Cuts, Rick and Morty VR, and a few others. 

Played Astrobot on my sibling's PSVR.  

SanAndreasX said:

The Virtual Boy, and that Rocky game on PSVR. Also been on a few virtual rollercoasters ar Universal Studios Hollywood.

Did it really give you headaches and vomiting like so many other people said they got from playing the Virtual Boy?

CaptainExplosion said:
SanAndreasX said:

Did it really give you headaches and vomiting like so many other people said they got from playing the Virtual Boy?

I tried it a few times in store demoes. I ended up never getting it, so I probably didn't play it enough to cause those kinds of symptoms. 

SanAndreasX said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I tried it a few times in store demoes. I ended up never getting it, so I probably didn't play it enough to cause those kinds of symptoms. 

So you don't remember any warning labels mentioning those symptoms either? Danny Avidan from Game Grumps said he tried it in the 90s and had to run to the bathroom to vomit.