By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your VR Game Experiences?

Anyone ever wanted to try Metroid Prime in VR?

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

I've tried the third prime game using an old branch of Dolphin emulator called Dolphin VR. 

It was actually nice at moments, but not a clean experience because the emulator branch was left to die and not any advancements in performance/bug fixes since 2017ish when VR headsets were still new to consumers. 

If Metroid Prime 4 releases on Switch might try it on Yuzu with Vorpx, if support for Yuzu is added to Vorpx. Vorpx is an application that somewhat gives a VR experience in non-VR games. It isn't perfect, but works nicely in some titles, and I can guess MP4 probably would be one of them. 

I tried Resident Evil 7 with PSVR but I didn't like it. I played it for an hour until I decided that it's not my cup of tea. The vision was far more pixelated than I would have imagined and I felt motion sickness pretty quickly. Wearing that helmet never felt any good. Also, the hassle of setting the entire thing up is not what I prefer. Playing it regularly on the TV was much better for me. 

GoOnKid said:

I tried Resident Evil 7 with PSVR but I didn't like it. I played it for an hour until I decided that it's not my cup of tea. The vision was far more pixelated than I would have imagined and I felt motion sickness pretty quickly. Wearing that helmet never felt any good. Also, the hassle of setting the entire thing up is not what I prefer. Playing it regularly on the TV was much better for me. 

perhaps re8 on psvr2 will give you a good enough experience.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Never tried any VR headset. PSVR1 was something of a prototype... its setup mess, low specs, and being resource demanding were a deal breaker to me. But I'm definitely getting myself a PSVR2. The setup is too simple, it's more efficient on resources, and the picture quality is extremely high. Unless motion sickness and headache ruin it all on me, I expect to be blown away!

RE8 and hopefully GT7 will be my first VR games. I skipped them both on PS4/PC.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Cyran said:

Bought the original VIVE in 2016, Upgraded my controllers to the Index Controllers in 2019 and upgraded my headset to Vive Pro 2 in 2021. I have tried probably 50+ games on Steam VR. Half Life: alyx is still my best experience in VR and really high up there in gaming experiences period.

I still use VR almost every day for cardio exercise, Beat Saber probably the game I have the most hours logged in because of that. Recently been playing Holo Ball for my work out but despite my fairly large play area finding that game a little on dangerous side. A couple time am on left hit ball come flying back too me on far right and I lunge to catch up and end up slamming into wall. Normally the grid warning is plenty of warning for me but when I try to pivot opposite direction at full speed it easy to blow by it.

Gaming 2022 been a slow year for me in VR not really anything new other then games I buy to switch up my cardio workout to keep it fun. Generally cardio I play a new game for a month but then end up going back to Beat Saber.

On the gaming side Bonework labs through might get more play time from me once we get more community mods since at least that game fully embracing the mod community.

I tried Holoball in PSVR and actually put a dent in my ceiling lol. Ripped the plastic ball off the move as well, taped back on with scotch tape, still works!

I played Beat Saber a lot, great workout but it gets hot in the headset after 10 minutes. Beat Saber without having to wear a headset would be true next gen. Hopefully I live long enough to see holo projectors in action :)

Back when I used the VIVE controller I hit my ceiling once or twice.  With the design of index controllers that not a problem since it would be my fingers not the controller to make first contact and I don't quite jump that high.  I did make one sacrifice in my computer room to prevent this.  Every room in my house just about I installed a ceiling fan except my computer room specifically because I did not want to risk hitting the fan when am in VR.

The worse I ever hurt my self was before I moved into my house I was living in an apartment so the VR space was just in a open space in the apartment.  The wall I facing was 3/4 of a wall and then a hallway.  I swung and if I had just hit the wall forward it would of hurt but not so bad but instead I swung into the open hallway and then hit the side wall of the hallway.  I pretty sure who ever lived below and above me heard the cuss words that came out of my mouth.

When it come to controllers it would be hard now for me to use anything other then the Index controllers without mods that let you open your hand without dropping the controller because am so use to being able to open my hands when I make throwing motions.  Unless you make mods to any other controller out there to keep the controller connected to you it would result in me throwing the controller.

I usually target doing 10 song when I work out in beat saber so ~30 min or a little longer depending on which songs I choose that day.  I usually do it on expert.  The problem with expert+ is ideally you stay fairly still and just flic with your wrist which not idea workout.  With Expert mode I can let my self move around enough to get a good overall work out and at same time not get frustrated missing to many cubes.  Find it best mix of a good workout but still having fun.  Not going to break any score records with my style but can still constantly get S rank and sometime SS on expert.

Cyran said:

Back when I used the VIVE controller I hit my ceiling once or twice.  With the design of index controllers that not a problem since it would be my fingers not the controller to make first contact and I don't quite jump that high.  I did make one sacrifice in my computer room to prevent this.  Every room in my house just about I installed a ceiling fan except my computer room specifically because I did not want to risk hitting the fan when am in VR.

The worse I ever hurt my self was before I moved into my house I was living in an apartment so the VR space was just in a open space in the apartment.  The wall I facing was 3/4 of a wall and then a hallway.  I swung and if I had just hit the wall forward it would of hurt but not so bad but instead I swung into the open hallway and then hit the side wall of the hallway.  I pretty sure who ever lived below and above me heard the cuss words that came out of my mouth.

When it come to controllers it would be hard now for me to use anything other then the Index controllers without mods that let you open your hand without dropping the controller because am so use to being able to open my hands when I make throwing motions.  Unless you make mods to any other controller out there to keep the controller connected to you it would result in me throwing the controller.

I usually target doing 10 song when I work out in beat saber so ~30 min or a little longer depending on which songs I choose that day.  I usually do it on expert.  The problem with expert+ is ideally you stay fairly still and just flic with your wrist which not idea workout.  With Expert mode I can let my self move around enough to get a good overall work out and at same time not get frustrated missing to many cubes.  Find it best mix of a good workout but still having fun.  Not going to break any score records with my style but can still constantly get S rank and sometime SS on expert.

I usually go faster speed either on hard or expert concentrating on longer songs with lots of big movements. The glitchy moves pretty much ensure I never get SS rank, often one of the saber wanders off by itself for a bit, especially on faster speeds. But still good enough to complete the songs without issues. It took a lot of camera positioning and ambient light balancing to get the platinum trophy which requires an SS rank on expert. Beat Saber on PSVR2 will be a whole new experience :)

The most I hurt myself is hitting my head with the headset to dodge stuff while too close to my book case. I didn't notice the play area was drifting, will be so nice not to have to deal with that camera anymore! In GT Sport and Drive Club I had to reset position once a lap for slowly sinking behind the wheel. It was worse at release where you would also slowly rotate one way, start the race sitting straight, end while basically looking out the side window lol.

PSVR was great overall yet clearly a first gen experimental release repurposing stuff not quite meant to work that way. Still amazing what it could pull off when everything worked just right.

CaptainExplosion said:

When PSVR2 gets popular which it might happen this generation then Nintendo will push Labo VR harder into their games assured.