[Revenue] 490 mil

[PS5] 500k
[NSW] 400k
[XBS] 350k

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

For now I've updated the archive to have links to the VGChartz NPD articles for the ones that have had the OP deleted over the last year or so.

Also thanks to everyone who has left predictions. I really need to remember to post this thread before NPD actually releases. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Bumping this as a reminder for anyone that wants to get their predictions in before NPD comes out on Friday. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Kakadu18 said:
CosmicSex said:

Revenue] 590mil

[PS5] 675,000
[NSW] 325,000
[XBS] 275,000

Just so you know, that data we got about PS5 being up that  much YOY in September is import by ship in kg. Many of these consoles weren't even sold in September. The Switch is way lighter and Nintendo is using air freight a lot currently.

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

Yes I saw that article about the PS5 shipments being up so much YoY but that report implied something like 400% YoY.  I don't think that's gonna show up as 4x September 21 but just looking at the restocks that went out, I do predict a modest 2x YoY.  I just took a crapshoot based on last year's numbers.

Few reasons

First obviously there was more stock clearly.  

Second even sites like Amazon had them ranked on bestsellers in September.  

Third, the only way that Sony is gonna get to 18 million shipped is to have a few months with near triple digits YoY increases.  Obviously November will be utterly enormous but like how big are we talking?

Also I see some predictions showing flat or negative YoY PS5 growth compared to September 21.  

[Revenue] 471 mil

[PS5] 422k
[NSW] 426k
[XBS] 368k

Around the Network

PS5 took number 1 this month in both units and dollar sales.

So HW for units was PS5, Switch, Xbox S/X and for dollar sales it was PS5, Xbox S/X, Switch

Per Mat Piscatella

Good month for PS5 and xbox

I'm working on the NPD article right now. Once that it is up I'll work on adjustments to our estimates. 

trunkswd said:

I'm working on the NPD article right now. Once that it is up I'll work on adjustments to our estimates. 

so what were the numbers for September?

UnderwaterFunktown said:

[Revenue] 490 mil

[PS5] 500k
[NSW] 400k
[XBS] 350k

Daym, revenue was actually spot on, the report straight up said 490 million. Can't recall predicting anything this accurately before.

Sales distribution was likely somewhat off, but the order was right and Mat did note that improved supply of the PS5 was a "primary driver" for the increase in hardware sales, so it likely was ahead by some margin.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat