By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games this year that surprised you?

Power Washer Simulator

Pure unadulterated bliss

Around the Network

Beacon Pines.

I thought it would be just a regular adventure game, but it was really nice.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Played Strikers for 2 hours and dropped

Better than other Warriors games, but bad, really bad, just like every Warriors game

It's ok to be wrong.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

IcaroRibeiro said:

Better than other Warriors games, but bad, really bad, just like every Warriors game

Do Warrior games tend to have great funny stories?  I've never been able to play more than an hour of any Warriors game, but Strikers impressed me and I couldn't put it down until I finished it.

rapsuperstar31 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Do Warrior games tend to have great funny stories?  I've never been able to play more than an hour of any Warriors game, but Strikers impressed me and I couldn't put it down until I finished it.

Strikers is very different than any Warriors game really. Strikers is just Persona 5 lite with action combat. Most the games story is secondary and mainly just a way to get to the next level. Strikers is a sequel to persona 5. Not a spinoff. The most fun Warriors games are ones from other franchises tho like Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity as a alt dimension of BOTW. I lost interest in the main DW series forever ago and 9 is really bad but Strikers is excellent. I don't fully see it as a Warriors game since it's not the same.  Just made by the same devs with a little bit of the DNA.

Around the Network
Leynos said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

It's ok to be wrong.

I agree. It's  OK to say Persona Strikers is any good 

IcaroRibeiro said:
Leynos said:

It's ok to be wrong.

As someone who finished the game I'm more qualified than you to make a judgement. So you're wrong. You don't like it and that's fine but it's a good game.

Last edited by Leynos - on 08 October 2022

Leynos said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

As someone who finished the game I'm more qualified than you to make a judgement. So you're wrong. You don't like it and that's fine but it's a good game.

Finishing a game doesn't make your opinion about it right.

Now can you stop this.

SanAndreasX said:

The TMNT Cowabunga Collection. M2 packed it with so much content.. If only Konami still made all of its games like that, or threw that much production into contracted-out games.

Same for me.

Also not sure if this one counts, but I there's one mod for Hearts of Iron IV I found this year and I'm absolutely flabbergasted about what the developers managed to make out of the base game. The mod's name is The New Order: Last Days of the Third Reich or simply tno for short, and deals with a world where the axis won WW2, then turned on each other, Germany beating Russia twice which then subsequently breaks up into dozens of warlord states, and so on... Did I mention that this one turns the wargame into a giant CYOA for every potential leader of every country with some wars peppering up the gameplay, an economy to manage and tons of ways the world can play out.

Capcom Fighting collection as I played Red Earth for the first time.  Been wanting to try that game for several years and was worth the wait.

Valkyrie Elysium. Really enjoyed the game.  Only thing I didn't feel like doing optionally was grind every weapon to SSS. Other than that did all the quests. Unlocked all endings as well.