By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War Ragnarok Goes Gold

Around the Network

I think it's fantastic that Santa Monica recognised all the support studios! All round jolly vibes!

That's a lot of support studios, damn. How many people worked on this game? Must be over a thousand.

Have mine preordered, can't wait.

BraLoD said:

Have mine preordered, can't wait.

Me too

The game looks amazing.

Around the Network

The PS4 will go down in history as one of the consoles with the longest high caliber first party support. 9 years old and gets God of War Ragnarok. I guess you will not need to buy a PS6 3 or 4 years after it's release.
This is my most anticipated game right now and nothing even cones close. It is a bit concerning, that the norse myth will just get two games. But let's hope it is going to be an absolute rollercoster.

It's insane SMS needed 8 teams to help out!
Did SMS team shrunk or something?

halil23 said:

The core team only count 250-300 members. That's not much for games these size. Sony doesn't have studios with over 1.000 employees aside from Bungie. So they outsource slot of work,like mocap.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

halil23 said:

God of War (2018) has many of the same teams, and a few others. 

Many of Sony's bigger games list 1500+ people in their credits. Sony's biggest studio is like 400 people, excluding Bungie at ~900. 

Qwark said:
halil23 said:

The core team only count 250-300 members. That's not much for games these size. Sony doesn't have studios with over 1.000 employees aside from Bungie. So they outsource slot of work,like mocap.

the-pi-guy said:
halil23 said:

God of War (2018) has many of the same teams, and a few others. 

Many of Sony's bigger games list 1500+ people in their credits. Sony's biggest studio is like 400 people, excluding Bungie at ~900. 

Interesting, didn't know.

It crazy in Bungie case who makes only 1 game every 2-3 years with a massive team size!

Sony should've paid a little more and get Capcom or Squarenix instead  -_-