By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Oh noooooooo!: tri-Ace announces huge loss. Possible state of insolvency.

Leynos said:

If MS were to buy a studio from Japan it should be Level-5. They can make quality games. They are just poorly managed to try to do too much so they have run into financial problems and MS could give them a western division again.

They have financial problems as well? I could see a few companies biting at the chance for MS to buy them. MS can offer stability and a big budget for L5 or even Tri-Ace in this case, which even if someone isn't an xbox fan they should be happy a company doesn't go under (and you can always play the games on PC day 1)

Regardless, hopefully Tri-Ace will make a comeback, don't know if this new SO will do that for them

Around the Network
ice said:
Leynos said:

If MS were to buy a studio from Japan it should be Level-5. They can make quality games. They are just poorly managed to try to do too much so they have run into financial problems and MS could give them a western division again.

They have financial problems as well? I could see a few companies biting at the chance for MS to buy them. MS can offer stability and a big budget for L5 or even Tri-Ace in this case, which even if someone isn't an xbox fan they should be happy a company doesn't go under (and you can always play the games on PC day 1)

Regardless, hopefully Tri-Ace will make a comeback, don't know if this new SO will do that for them

This. I hope MS buy both companys. PC day and date and like you said Ms can give them the budget they need to make a great IP's and a new skies of arcadia 2 (The Dream is alive!!!) .

ice said:
Leynos said:

A Japanese company is less likely to sell their company to MS than almost any other company.  Selling to Nintendo, Sony, Embracer, Tencent, another Japanese third party, hell even the Saudi prince are all more likely.  These Japanese companies don't want to be bought by a company that as of Feb 2022 had only sold 2.3 million systems between all of it's generations in Japan (Xbox, 360, One, and partial Series)

zero129 said:
ice said:

This. I hope MS buy both companys. PC day and date and like you said Ms can give them the budget they need to make a great IP's and a new skies of arcadia 2 (The Dream is alive!!!) .

Huh? Skies is SEGA not Level 5 or Tri Ace.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

ice said:
Leynos said:

Could get Level 5.

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 06 October 2022

Around the Network

I doubt MS will buy small studios. If they will go to the trouble for a Japanese Studio. They will go after Sega, Square, Bandai or Capcom. Makes the investigations and legal shot worth it. Tencent or Embracer are more obvious choices to buy studios like these.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

They going under would suck. Hope Sony reach a hand to them or even buy, if not well sure MS or Ninty could step forward.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Xxain said:

if anybody was going to buy tri-Ace it would be SE themselves. None of the big 3 want tri-Ace because tri-Ace does not have anything to offer. tri-Ace's biggest blunder was not creating self owned IP's. All their games are owned by somebody else. I don't understand why tri-Ace has not done a kickstart/crowdfund or something. They just sit around begging fans to beg SE for more SO/VP games.

SE is looking for money and even slimmed out so I don't think they would buy tri-Ace. 

And regarding studio with people but no IP Sony have bought similar situation (like in Insomniac), it makes a lot cheaper and also allow Sony to foster them and give IPs they have dormant, so not totally unlikely.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Leynos said:
zero129 said:

Huh? Skies is SEGA not Level 5 or Tri Ace.

Thats another good point XD . Ok then MS get on it buy Sega and Tri and level 5 and get me a SOA2 .

DonFerrari said:
Xxain said:

if anybody was going to buy tri-Ace it would be SE themselves. None of the big 3 want tri-Ace because tri-Ace does not have anything to offer. tri-Ace's biggest blunder was not creating self owned IP's. All their games are owned by somebody else. I don't understand why tri-Ace has not done a kickstart/crowdfund or something. They just sit around begging fans to beg SE for more SO/VP games.

SE is looking for money and even slimmed out so I don't think they would buy tri-Ace. 

And regarding studio with people but no IP Sony have bought similar situation (like in Insomniac), it makes a lot cheaper and also allow Sony to foster them and give IPs they have dormant, so not totally unlikely.

I do feel that Sony wouldn't bother either, but I do think the similar situation probably makes them a viable enough candidate. Like you said, Sony have dormant IP that Tri-Ace can attach themselves to.

I'd prefer Tri-Ace not be in this situation to begin with, but let's hope they get out of it somehow.