By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Oh noooooooo!: tri-Ace announces huge loss. Possible state of insolvency.

i don't think Square enix wants to put neither Star Ocean 6 or Valkyrie Elsium into gamepass since both review bombed and Diofield is also forgotten. Sony can get them and turn them around.

Around the Network

Chances of sony buying them? turning the ship around, and not focusing on mobil anymore?

JRPGfan said:

Chances of sony buying them? turning the ship around, and not focusing on mobil anymore?

Right now Jim Ryan got done in pushing Activision acquisition to march 2023. So their hands are not full atm . They can focus on taking Tri Ace off Square Enix hands since they are doing bad from Square Enix leadership? While Tencent and Saudi Arabia doubled down on wanting to acquire more studios which I did not wanna hear while Xbox is stuck for an extra 5 months. It is really bad.

JRPGfan said:

Are Sony looking to up their numbers in Japan? 

Could be worth looking into since Sony will have the IP to support the purchase.

Triace working on mobile would make them more lucrative to Sony.

But it doesn't sound like Sony is rushing for acquisitions, so it's hard to say. 

twintail said:
JRPGfan said:

Could be worth looking into since Sony will have the IP to support the purchase.

But it doesn't sound like Sony is rushing for acquisitions, so it's hard to say. 

It also seems Sony hasn't been pushing the JRPG's as much lately.  JRPG's has always been my main reason for owning my Playstations. 

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

they should put resonance of fate on the switch

DroidKnight said:
twintail said:

It also seems Sony hasn't been pushing the JRPG's as much lately.  JRPG's has always been my main reason for owning my Playstations. 

This.

Imo, they should make sure it stays that way (ei. People that enjoy rpgs, want to own playstations).
Get a studio with a good IP, that just needs better leadership, to work again? and likely for cheap? win win.

Xxain said:

tri-Ace is definitely getting paid for Star Ocean 6. They did not develop VALKYRIE ELYSIUM though and SE owns the VALKYRIE IP so no license fees either.

Yeah the devs of Ninjala on Switch made Valkyrie Elysium.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

twintail said:
shikamaru317 said:

Xbox, you know what to do!

Buy a failing studio with zero IP to their name?

Don't even really need to acquire them, Xbox is badly in need of JP exclusives so they could simply contract them out to make an original JRPG IP as a 2nd party exclusive for Xbox, giving them the cash infusion they need to survive. tri-Ace makes good games though, and in the past they made the bestselling JRPG Xbox exclusive/timed exclusive (Star Ocean The Last Hope which sold 790k worldwide units on Xbox 360, and was also the bestselling Xbox 360 game in Japan itself, beating out Lost Odyssey even though Lost Odyssey was lifetime exclusive and The Last Hope was only 1 year timed), so I would certainly be happy with Xbox acquiring them.

According to reliable sources, Xbox is currently looking to acquire both JP publishers and independent JP studios, what better acquisition for them than a studio that is desperate enough to sell to a western company due to being on the doorstep of bankruptcy? The fact that they are desperate and own no IP would make them quite cheap too, Xbox could acquire them for peanuts, unlike a more successful independent JP studio such as Platinum or Level-5 or CC2 which would cost them more money. Low risk acquisition for potentially high reward.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 05 October 2022

if anybody was going to buy tri-Ace it would be SE themselves. None of the big 3 want tri-Ace because tri-Ace does not have anything to offer. tri-Ace's biggest blunder was not creating self owned IP's. All their games are owned by somebody else. I don't understand why tri-Ace has not done a kickstart/crowdfund or something. They just sit around begging fans to beg SE for more SO/VP games.