By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumors of a strange new Remaster/Remake for PS5

Tl;Dr: Horizon Zero Dawn Remaster/Remake for PS5.

If this is true, like TLOU1 Remake was, there will be even more complaints this time around..

Around the Network

What's the point of all of these remasters? The PS5 is backwards compatible, there's absolutely no need to dedicate time, manpower and money to these.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

The optimist in me is thinking this will just be a next-gen upgrade, but the pessimist in me after seeing the Uncharted Collection and The Last of Us Part I releasing just this year has me thinking it will be a premium priced game.

Creativity is over. They could be talking about Horizon 3, The Last of Us Part 3 (or 4)...

This definitely isn't needed. Sony should be focusing all their resources on how to counter the loss of CoD by reviving old FPS/creating new.

Around the Network

So first, Sony reportedly cancelled a planned Uncharted 1 remake in favor of remaking the less than 10 year old TLOU, and now they are remaking an even more recent game? I legit can't understand some of their decisions. Uncharted 1 is much more in need of a remake than either TLOU or HZD, but especially HZD. What is next, remakes for Ghost of Tsushima and TLOU 2 from 2020?

Seems unnecessary. I love remasters when appropriate. ps2/ps3 games are graphically out dated, thus the improvement is nice. But ps4 games have aged nicely, thus not needed. Having said that I will grab something like Last of Us Remake when it hits $20.

Several fairly credible people have come out to say this is true.

Disappointing, Horizon really doesn't need a remaster.

ArtX said:

Creativity is over. They could be talking about Horizon 3, The Last of Us Part 3 (or 4)...

Don't worry, Guerilla is likely working on Horizon 3 as well. 

V-r0cK said:

This definitely isn't needed. Sony should be focusing all their resources on how to counter the loss of CoD by reviving old FPS/creating new.

They're not likely to get success by just trying to make an FPS. There's a reason why CoD doesn't have much competition, and a big part of that is it's not easy to match.

They're making lots of smaller, but probably good moves.

They have a partnership with Deviation Games that is filled with people who worked on Call of Duty Black Ops. I don't know if they're working on a shooter though. 

They also have a partnership with Firewalk, I think this one is a FPS. 

shikamaru317 said:

So first, Sony reportedly cancelled a planned Uncharted 1 remake in favor of remaking the less than 10 year old TLOU, and now they are remaking an even more recent game? I legit can't understand some of their decisions. Uncharted 1 is much more in need of a remake than either TLOU or HZD, but especially HZD. What is next, remakes for Ghost of Tsushima and TLOU 2 from 2020?

I don't believe the Uncharted 1 remake was even started. It was just something the team wanted to do, but they pitched TLOU to get started somewhere.

This isn't a remake, it's a remaster. Ghost of Tsushima already has a PS5 version. Spiderman was also remastered.

Before bashing you also need to consider this is a rumour not an announcement.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar