By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2022: Casual Edition... or perhaps not?

Who will win Super Bowl LVII?

Buffalo Bills 4 40.00%

Baltimore Ravens 0 0%

Tennessee Titans 1 10.00%

Kansas City Chiefs 2 20.00%

Philadelphia Eagles 1 10.00%

Green Bay Backers 0 0%

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 0 0%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0%

Other (AFC) 0 0%

Other (NFC) 2 20.00%

Total:10

See? You need the prediction league just like it needs you.

Around the Network

I thought about making casual picks in the 2021 thread, so I may as well do it here if I remember.

If the 49ers offense can just NOT suck.
They don't have to be great, just average. They can win a lot of games and go deep in the playoffs because the defense is THAT FUCKING GOOD!

Only one undefeated team left this early into the season, and it's..... the Eagles.

A familiar picture of the Packers guided by LaFleur: It's inconsistent football, but more often than not it ends with wins.

Aaron Rodgers was awful in the first half. I think he was 3/10 for 30 yards or so, sprinkled with a pick-six. The second half was much better, but it still wasn't enough to avoid overtime, because the Packers defense wasn't there when it needed to be there.

This might become yet another 13 wins season for the Packers, but if the offense doesn't begin to click eventually, it will be yet another year without a Super Bowl appearance, because the really good teams take advantage of inconsistent play by their opponents.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network

Jets have looked surprisingly ok this year. The draft class looks good. Gardner has been a shutdown corner for a few games, and the d-line has generally been pretty good. Garrett Wilson is coming along and has flashes of excellence, but also some big drops. They're actually kind of stacked at wide receiver which is something that hasn't been true since like 2010. Bryce Hall has been a pretty solid running back. Team is playing hard and not giving up. To early to say much about QB Wilson but he looked good in the one game he played.

The only problem with the Jets is their offensive line... but that's kind of like saying, I'm perfectly healthy except for the brain tumor. Hard to see them having any real success without that. But, if the team keeps playing hard and Wilson shows some good development, I'm a happy fan. I'll be pretty psyched if they can finish at .500.

How is this man reading the room worse than he's reading the field right now.

Why do owners still insist on having turfs?

The VGC chaos threw a wrench in the possibility of a prediction league. On one hand, I could create a new thread to be able to edit an original post and thread title again, but on the other hand there has hardly been any visible interest in a shortened prediction league. That's why I'll call this whole thing off.

Plus I am incredibly frustrated that the Packers lost to the lowly Giants on Sunday. The curse of TV appearances in Central Europe continues; LaFleur has coached the Packers to a 42-12 regular season record, but on live TV his team is .500 at best. In other words, the majority of Packers losses during the past 3+ years have been broadcasted over here.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Damn Raiders! Ya blew it!