By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Switch Sales Top 113M, PS4 Tops 117M - Worldwide Hardware Estimates for Sep 11-17

Another great week for Switch

This holiday season will be huge and hopefully will shutdown any nonsense about Switch 2 coming next year

Around the Network

PS4 with 117m is a hell of a way to end its run. It will end up being the 5th best selling platform (currently 4th but Switch will pass it soon enough). Sony should be very proud with that.

Switch passes another million mark. It's doing that about every 3 weeks now. PS4 passed the 117m mark this week too. I think that is the final PS4 milestone it's going to achieve. It had a good run, but it's about to get passed by the Switch.

how many units do you think sony will ship in this fiscal quarter? I'm imagining something between 3 and 3.3 million units and in the last quarter about 6 million. I think that forecast of 18 million during the fiscal year very out of reality.

jvmkdg said:

how many units do you think sony will ship in this fiscal quarter? I'm imagining something between 3 and 3.3 million units and in the last quarter about 6 million. I think that forecast of 18 million during the fiscal year very out of reality.

They need to be shipping close to 8m in the holiday quarter to make that 18m forecast, given the recent improved supply if they are also holding some production back for holiday then it's doable (say 3.6 this current quarter, then 8m then 4m)

I do think it's more likely they will fall short though. 16-17m maybe.

Around the Network

PS4 hits one final million milestone. RIP PS4. Switch will be taking that #4 (and immediately after that #3 as well) all-time HW spot in about two months.

jvmkdg said:

I think they will ship exactly 3 million which is pretty good. This would leave them at 5.4 million after 2 fiscal quarters, they would need a 9 million holiday quarter to have a chance of reaching their target of 18 million. I think 16 million is a far more realistic target.

Less than 4 million now til Switch overtakes PS4.

Well at least the PS4 will keep its software record for a while. So that's nice before the Switch reaper will knock on its door.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:

Well at least the PS4 will keep its software record for a while. So that's nice before the Switch reaper will knock on its door.

What's their software numbers so far?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.