By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cyberpunk 2077 is having quite a comeback

CP2077's launch is arguably the worst launch in gaming history, at least to me. But, after over a year and a half of updates (lawlz) it's finally in such a good state that millions are flocking back to the game. The anime also plays a big part in this. I remember people finding last-gen versions of the game for $5 in the bargain bin! 

This game could've been among the best selling games of all time, but CD Projekt really took a double barrel shotgun blast to the foot. 

Now with the games only expansion, Phantom Liberty, releasing next year (and dropping last-gen support for this expansion) makes me wonder just how big this game will get now. 

I'm personally delving back into it and although it falls short on quite a few promises, it still is a kick ass game! I'm thoroughly enjoying my time with it. 

Will you be giving Cyberpunk 2077 another chance or is the game past redemption for you? If you decide to not give the game another chance, I do highly recommend the anime on Netflix!

Around the Network

Yea having played it on PC, it's an amazing experience. There were bugs which a lot of them have been fixed and the NPC Ai is still largely lifeless compared to the likes of GTA but the single player story is really good imo. I think if you have a PS5/Series X or mid-high end PC, it is certainly worth playing. Especially as you can get very deep discounts these days.

I'll personally be playing it again once I get the 4090.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Hope they paid Studio Trigger good. Animations don't earn as much, these opportunities would be great for both industry.

Captain_Yuri said:

Yea having played it on PC, it's an amazing experience. There were bugs which a lot of them have been fixed and the NPC Ai is still largely lifeless compared to the likes of GTA but the single player story is really good imo. I think if you have a PS5/Series X or mid-high end PC, it is certainly worth playing. Especially as you can get very deep discounts these days.

I'll personally be playing it again once I get the 4090.

CP2077 with a 4090 and DLSS 3. What a potent combo

You'll have to update us on what that experience will be like!

Despite the stumbled launch, the game actually sold really well and a lot of people liked it, including myself. The new show on Netflx (which is brilliant) also helps the bring the franchise to the masses.

I love the world CDPR made here and I can't wait to see more.

Around the Network

When I take the plunge on a PS5, I will probably pick it up. I wanted to get CP2077 on PS4, but the awful reviews deterred me. 

Last edited by SanAndreasX - on 21 September 2022

I guess I'm the outlier not liking the anime all that much. It keeps putting me to sleep and I wake up to the "are you still watching" screen, then have to go back a bunch of episodes lol. It looks really good, the music is great, but it all style over substance imo. I'm just not getting into it. (I'm spoiled by the imagination and world building by the likes of Stephen Baxter and Peter F Hamilton, very high bar to reach) Anyway, I think I'm on episode 6 or thereabouts, maybe it will start going somewhere at some point.

As for the game, the anime has further reduced my interest in giving it a try. Maybe next year when there's a 'goty' edition with the expansion.

The show is definitely giving it a boost. Just like what happened with The Witcher.

I may play it eventually on PS5. I'm not a huge RPG player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Cyberpunk 2077 has always been a great game despite the bugs. It makes sense that if people can't look past the bugs, that when they get fixed, people would really enjoy the game.

For me the bugs were much better than the likes of Fallout or Skyrim, but those games are beloved nowadays since most of the bugs were reduced. I think this game just had way too much hype, if the hype was low key like with Witcher 3, then people would be rating it as one of the best games of all time.