By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cyberpunk 2077 is having quite a comeback

If the suits had listened to the developers, they would have delayed the game. Instead they released it far too early and the devs had to spend the last couple of years getting it where it should have been at launch. I got the game on PC at launch. Thankfully I didn't have the metric ton of bugs others did. Console players got completely hosed though. Shame because there was really good game underneath the muck. Thankfully the players checking in after Edgerunners will have the experience initial players should have gotten.

Around the Network

I have a PS5, is this game finally playable? I was curious to test it, but the bad state of its launch turned me off

IcaroRibeiro said:

I have a PS5, is this game finally playable? I was curious to test it, but the bad state of its launch turned me off

Sooooooo much better! It’s a complete night and day difference and in a completely playable state. And the patch for current gen consoles really helped. CD Projekt still isn’t done with updates. There’s still one or two more big updates they have planned along with the expansion releasing next year. Which won’t include last gen consoles. 

gtotheunit91 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Sooooooo much better! It’s a complete night and day difference and in a completely playable state. And the patch for current gen consoles really helped. CD Projekt still isn’t done with updates. There’s still one or two more big updates they have planned along with the expansion releasing next year. Which won’t include last gen consoles. 

Maybe I will wait for the expansion then. I have a big backlog, so no rush. Is there a date for the expansion to be released? 

IcaroRibeiro said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Maybe I will wait for the expansion then. I have a big backlog, so no rush. Is there a date for the expansion to be released? 

Not at the moment. There was only a teaser of the expansion along with a "2023" release window. So I'm figuring Summer 2023 at the earliest. 

Especially considering the 1.5 patch that came with current-gen upgrades released in February and we didn't get patch 1.6 till earlier this month. So patch 1.7 most likely won't be released till early next year. So far, these are the things that CD Projekt has explicitly said is what they're working on:

Full Vehicle To Vehicle Combat Overhaul
Police System Overhaul
New Perk Tree Interactions

So there's still a lot of work being done on the game, but that means it'll only be that much better by the time the expansion releases. 

Around the Network

CP2077 has gone up in concurrent playercount on Steam every day this week. It's now almost at 100,000 concurrent players! It seems to have tapered off, but I wouldn't be surprised if it reaches that figure by this weekend. Looking at peak players today compared to the past 4 months is insane.

This is just on Steam.

Considering how many people are able to afford Ampere GPUs after the shat crypto years finally ended along with the new anime promo and a long list of issues being fixed, I am glad people are finally playing Cyberpunk

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                                           Nsfw Anime Thread                                     

Wow! Concurrent player numbers hit 120,000 on Steam! What a comeback. For a single player game nonetheless.

The anime is definitely being recieved well, but tbh, apart from that, that's all I see in terms of quality content, not for the game, but more from the game.

The game still runs not so great for me, still has bugs I keep finding in it, still having poor draw distances, crowd control density doesn't seem to work properly for me, no matter which setting I slide it to, and of course, the game still looks ugly as sin unless I have SSR cranked to max.

Some people recently are wanting to badge the game in the same vein as NMS's style of comeback, but I honestly don't see it being that way, as NMS has over the years, provided tons and tons of new content, whilst 2077 has spent the past 2 yrs trying to fix bugs, add a few new weapons and a tiny handful of gigs, and one expansion, that's pretty much it.

The game had so much promise and I feel like it underdelivered imo. Like there are still instances in GTA V that make it's own world feel more alive than the world of Cyberpunk tries to, but fails at executing. My choices still do not matter much in the game's world and story, at least compared to what I could do in Witcher 3. I dunno, I just feel like the game still feels largely the same since 2 yrs ago, just with some bug fixes.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

@Chazore Yeah, this just confirms marketing >>> quality. Expect more of these 'cross overs' to promote games. No at all comparable to the comeback NMS made.