By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Spoilers] Huge GTA 6 leak, floodgates were opened

I just see this as like a sneak preview of the game. I feel bad for Rockstar that this stuff got out when they didn't want it to. But, I don't think there's likely to be any kind of devastating impact on their game from this.

Last edited by VAMatt - on 18 September 2022

Around the Network

Damn this gotta be the biggest leak in gaming history? Sucks but I'm kinda glad to actually see some of GTA 6.

I don’t know what kind of repercussions this may have but I’m really excited to see GTA6!!

There's always a chance this could be a marketing stunt...

Ryuu96 said:

He has leaked part of the source code which is just a dick thing to do, now the source code will have to be reworked and likely cause delays to the game and a whole headache for the GTA team, he not only fucked over Rockstar but also us, I hate leaks like this.

A part of the source code doesn't sound too bad, depending on which part it is. If source code for rendering the game is leaked, for example, there might not be that much need to rewrite it. But if it's something that could e.g. make cheating easier, it might be a different story. Does anyone here know what parts were leaked?

Ryuu96 said:

Also, I've read but not confirmed that he said he might leak the entire source code later and he also takes responsibility for the Uber hack. This dude is absolutely fucked if Take-Two finds him.

...Now leaking the entire source code for the game is a massively different story, and that certainly sounds like a huge headache.

Last edited by Zkuq - on 18 September 2022

Around the Network

Leaks in general are never good imo.

I know this is alpha footage but so far, it doesn't look next gen. Hopefully the final game will look much better.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

I know this is alpha footage but so far, it doesn't look next gen. Hopefully the final game will look much better.

I think some of these videos ar eon a PS4 build of the game.

jason1637 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I think some of these videos ar eon a PS4 build of the game.

Do we know if the final game is cross platform?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

shikamaru317 said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Do we know if the final game is cross platform?

I would be shocked if it is on PS4. 2 of the most reliable industry insiders, Tom Henderson and Jason Schreier, both independently confirmed back in 2021 that Rockstar is aiming to release GTA 6 in 2024 or 2025. It would be extremely odd to release a cross-gen game in 2024 or 2025. One of the leaked video I watched said at the bottom of the screen in the debug mode it was running in that the build was running on a PC with a GTX 3080. So I think it's just that this is very early development footage making it look outdated, this build he hacked may already be more than a year old. I think it will be a proper generational leap over RDR2 when it releases in 2024 or 2025.

Yea I hope so. Despite some of the controversy looming over this game, Rockstar should at the very least make the game look next gen. GTA V and RDR2 looked amazing when they came out so hopefully, GTA VI will look amazing when they release the final build.