By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [Spoilers] Huge GTA 6 leak, floodgates were opened

Blood_Tears said:

This really sucks for all the devs involved in this project as leaks truly suck but at the same time I am not surprised this happened to Rockstar after the cash grab of the GTA trilogy "remaster" and the cancelling of RDR1 remaster and RDR2 next gen port. It seems like karma got them in the end for their recent decisions.

karma huh?

Around the Network

What if this game is facing development hell and the leak is being used to justify a potential delay as well as garner sympathy?

KLAMarine said:

What if this game is facing development hell and the leak is being used to justify a potential delay as well as garner sympathy?

It'd sure be a new low for an industry that sometimes doesn't deserve such sympathy but I don't think the big executives at Take-Two fear the larger internet public mindset so to fabricate such an elaborate plan.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

This was leaked by rockstar. They want it to look like they got hacked, it gives them an excuse to keep delaying while they keep milking gta5 /online.

I don;t like leakers. But also this game should not take more than 10 years since GTA V to release. That is ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:

KratosLives said:

This was leaked by rockstar. They want it to look like they got hacked, it gives them an excuse to keep delaying while they keep milking gta5 /online.

Makes zero sense, if Rockstar wanted to delay GTA6 then they would delay GTA6 and they don't need an excuse, not to mention, GTA6 doesn't even have a public release date yet so how are they meant to announce a delay to the public? Lol. If the source code is indeed out there, then it will be rewritten cause it's a huge security risk. Now the development team have a huge headache on their hands to deal with.

There are a bunch of other issues with this theory too, one is that the leaker has already released 10,000 lines of source code for GTA6 (which have now been taken down). There is zero chance that R* would intentionally leak any source code. The other issue is that the leaker is claiming responsibility for the Uber hack too, there is again, zero chance, that R* is going to be impersonating a hacker who is likely already in trouble with the law, Lol.

Now a bunch of other issues, the developers are being harassed, the game is being criticised by gamers who don't understand what "WIP, Years Old Build, Years Away from Release" means. They have sympathy from the industry at large but are receiving negativity from Twitter idiots and if it was ever leaked that they set this up then the backlash from the industry would be huge.

Also, GTA 5 source code is being threatened to be leaked too and if that does get leaked then GTA 5 Online is probably screwed.

Oh, and Take-Two's stock price might dip a little.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 5 days ago

SegaHeart said:
Ryuu96 said:

I hate hackers they are scum on the earth.

Hackers are also necessary. To break down russian government sites, for example. All professions are necessary.

Scrap it all and shift development over to the PS6 and next Xbox systems.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Seems Rockstar released a statement saying that the leak won't cause any delays. Maybe they believe the hacker doesn't have the source code as he claims.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - 5 days ago

They say it won't cause delays, which means crunch time to up security and rewrite critical parts of the now exposed source code...

Of course they would say that whether it would add a delay or not, there's no release date yet after all.