By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 35, 2022 (Aug 22 - Aug 28)

Switch is coming for blood these last 4 months of 2022

Around the Network

Amazing hardware sales!

*looked at the charts, then, looked at my calendar*.. woah! Am I in the past? There were PS4 games charting?!

Zyphe said:

*looked at the charts, then, looked at my calendar*.. woah! Am I in the past? There were PS4 games charting?!

Most of them will be gone within the next three weeks.

Oh wow those OLED sales... i think it will be time to phase out the og Switch at this point if they can supply enough of OLED and people seem to not care about the price difference. Also really good sales for PS HW/SW and Xbox HW.

But damn didn't expect 113k Switch. Was that the week of Splatoon Oled release or does it release with the game ? Sometimes they release early...

Around the Network

Wow used to seeing 9-10 Switch games in the top 10, only 3 this week! Great hardware sales all around this week.

All 3 are up week over week

xMetroid said:

Oh wow those OLED sales... i think it will be time to phase out the og Switch at this point if they can supply enough of OLED and people seem to not care about the price difference. Also really good sales for PS HW/SW and Xbox HW.

But damn didn't expect 113k Switch. Was that the week of Splatoon Oled release or does it release with the game ? Sometimes they release early...

Yes, the Splatoon OLED Switch released in this week, which explains the high OLED sales.  This is not indicative of a trend toward overwhelming OLED sales week-over-week.

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

Kyuu said:

I think we will (for the first time?) see an Xbox Series title in the top 30 (Soul Hackers 2).

Did it have a physical release in Japan for Series X? I know the limited editions were only physical for PS4/5 but I am not sure about the standard sku.

xMetroid said:

The Switch OLED model jump is because of the new Splatoon 3 bundle, which launched August 26.