By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

SecondWar said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Absolutely idiotic sending Aboubakar off for celebrating his match winning goal at the WC vs Brazil. I know the ref was just doing his job (although he had the option of claiming he never saw it...) but that rule definitely needs changing to prevent things like that happening.

Its a yellow card offence, regardless of when it happens. He knew that when he took his shirt off. He could have prevented it by not doing it. I don’t see why the rule needs to be changed.

Plus, it’s not like he misses the next match…🤭

I'd say getting a yellow for taking your shirt off is a ridiculous rule in the first place. I've thought it should've been scrapped from the moment it was introduced.

But sending off a player for scoring a match winning goal is even more ridiculous.

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:
Eagle367 said:

Inshallah the smaller teams will beat the bigger wins and you all will eat crow
Here comes Japan beating Brazil inshallah and Argentina being knocked out. And South Korea is through too. South Korea and morroco also winning. Africa and Asia beating Europe and South America inshallah. France and England out too. Japan going all the way and clinching inshallah

Your anger is palpable. I am not going to "eat crow" because Wales and England are out. I am happy enough we don't harbour the largest number of hepatitis C patients. With that said, I am actually rooting for Japan

What the hell are you talking about? Hep C? Mods is this some weird racism? And I'm not angry I am rooting for asian and African teams. Why are you being weird?

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

OMG that chance for Australia in the last minute.

And Messi running past 5-6 Australian players and almost scoring again was fun. Momentarily he seems to be having fun this second half and playing the way he wants. But not much positive to say about the rest of the team and Argentina overall.
Sloppy mistakes from both teams this game, and Martinez got three good-great chances from Messi in the last 10 minutes, one in particular, but missed the goal completely that time, and hit the goalie the other times.

Argentina spent 80+ minutes not really wanting to take any chances. No runs through the defense to recieve a well timed through-ball pass.
They were like this against Mexico as well.
It's as if they want to pass their way into a goal, but they are not 2011 Barcelona.

I want Argentina to go all the way, but if they spend the vast majority of the matches not taking any risks, then this is not going to work.
Every one of their goals in the Mexico match and this one have come from a moment of individual brilliance, mainly from Messi.

They are looking more like 2014 Argentina that were largely dependant on one or two players, than the collective team that won Copa America together, and continued to play well leading up to this World Cup. 
I have still not seen much of that team in this tournament.

Eagle367 said:
LurkerJ said:

Your anger is palpable. I am not going to "eat crow" because Wales and England are out. I am happy enough we don't harbour the largest number of hepatitis C patients. With that said, I am actually rooting for Japan

What the hell are you talking about? Hep C? Mods is this some weird racism? And I'm not angry I am rooting for asian and African teams. Why are you being weird?

Please use the Report button when you want mods to review a post.

Last edited by Hiku - on 03 December 2022

Messi did well in his 1000th game.

mZuzek said:

Felt to me like Julian Alvarez should be starting alongside Lautaro Martinez in attack, and drop Messi to midfield.

Ok, this is the part where I take this back. Like, way back. Lautaro has been a horror show, hopefully that's the last we see of him at this world cup. That, and moving Messi to a false 9 is working well, even against Poland when he wasn't at his absolute best, never mind when he plays like today.

Around the Network
Hiku said:

And Messi running past 5-6 Australian players and almost scoring again was fun.

Never mind Messi doing it, did you catch a glimpse of the Aussie Maradona there?

mZuzek said:
Hiku said:

And Messi running past 5-6 Australian players and almost scoring again was fun.

Never mind Messi doing it, did you catch a glimpse of the Aussie Maradona there?

Haha, yeah I did. That was scary.

France probably winning tomorrow but I hope Senegal bears engerland

Really disappointed that Japan didn't make it through yesterday. Love a good underdog story. Brazil looks scary.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

I'm so sad all of Asia is out. I hope Morocco somehow beats Spain. They are my backup surprise dark horse team. I am sick and tired of Europeans or south Americans always winning. Hopefully Morocco goes far. And hopefully next time, Asia will win