By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - FIFA World Cup - Qatar 2022

Inshallah the smaller teams will beat the bigger wins and you all will eat crow
Here comes Japan beating Brazil inshallah and Argentina being knocked out. And South Korea is through too. South Korea and morroco also winning. Africa and Asia beating Europe and South America inshallah. France and England out too. Japan going all the way and clinching inshallah

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Around the Network

So Ghana's revenge for Uruguay 2010 is to lose and drag the Uruguayans down with them. Through no shortage of controversial moments, too.

I'm left speechless, that was the craziest shit I've seen in a long time. It was the most unexpected and bizarre way for Ghana to get their revenge. And they seemed to embrace it too, by the end they were just wasting time lol.

Hard truth for Uruguay is that they never deserved to go through. Outside of the first half today they were horrible. Their manager was pretty stupid throughout too, never fielded his best players even when it was clear to see who was Uruguay's best eleven. Then went on to rest his players thinking the game was won, without any consideration for the possibility that Korea could win.

All in all, happy for the Koreans. The scenes at the end there, all of them in a circle watching the other game on a phone, and then partying like crazy, it was awesome. Happy for Son too, what an incredibly likeable player.

Eagle367 said:

Inshallah the smaller teams will beat the bigger wins and you all will eat crow
Here comes Japan beating Brazil inshallah and Argentina being knocked out. And South Korea is through too. South Korea and morroco also winning. Africa and Asia beating Europe and South America inshallah. France and England out too. Japan going all the way and clinching inshallah

Your anger is palpable. I am not going to "eat crow" because Wales and England are out. I am happy enough we don't harbour the largest number of hepatitis C patients. With that said, I am actually rooting for Japan

Mummelmann said:

For once; I don't care since I won't be watching. To hell with FIFA for letting Qatar host the contest.

I have not watched a single game so far, I am glad both Qatar and FIFA has had just the right amount of criticism, seeing actual journalism, even if toothless, is refreshing these days. 

Brazil lost to Cameroon.

Around the Network
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Brazil lost to Cameroon.

There’s 5 unbeaten teams left - Netherlands, England, United States, Morocco and Croatia.

Probably not who people would have guessed at this stage.

Absolutely idiotic sending Aboubakar off for celebrating his match winning goal at the WC vs Brazil. I know the ref was just doing his job (although he had the option of claiming he never saw it...) but that rule definitely needs changing to prevent things like that happening.

Last edited by Ka-pi96 - on 02 December 2022

mZuzek said:

Hard truth for Uruguay is that they never deserved to go through. Outside of the first half today they were horrible. Their manager was pretty stupid throughout too, never fielded his best players even when it was clear to see who was Uruguay's best eleven. Then went on to rest his players thinking the game was won, without any consideration for the possibility that Korea could win.

Agreed, Uruguay definitely didn't deserve to go through. They'd been rubbish in their previous games. It's a shame Ghana couldn't have drawn/won to get through instead.

Congrats to Korea, great to see Asian teams doing well! Although I think Uruguay, despite how poor they've been thus far, would've had the best chance of actually beating Brazil in the next round. I think Brazil beat Korea (or Ghana if that had happened) relatively easily. I'd certainly be happy to see an upset and Son in a WC quarter final though.

Ka-pi96 said:

Absolutely idiotic sending Aboubakar off for celebrating his match winning goal at the WC vs Brazil. I know the ref was just doing his job (although he had the option of claiming he never saw it...) but that rule definitely needs changing to prevent things like that happening.

Its a yellow card offence, regardless of when it happens. He knew that when he took his shirt off. He could have prevented it by not doing it. I don’t see why the rule needs to be changed.

Plus, it’s not like he misses the next match…?