By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - About controversial threads

There's a fine line (very fine) between debates and all-out mud-slinging. And that goes double for the gaming community. I think the moderation team knows this, and tries to stay ahead of the curve when they see the potential for things to get ugly. Because when things start to get ugly, they become unproductive. Some people may enjoy watching the mud fly, as they see it as something akin to a Jerry Springer episode circa 1998, but it keeps a lot of good posters from posting and overall, drags the whole community down. So I'm okay with it most of the time.

But if it's not getting personal, or doesn't look like it's about to get personal, I think a healthy debate is fine. You just have to be careful.

Around the Network

Forum is pretty much dead

numberwang said:

If the only way to keep it alive is to allow shit content, then maybe it should just die.

JWeinCom said:
numberwang said:

If the only way to keep it alive is to allow shit content, then maybe it should just die.

But then were will I go for my gaming news?

Cobretti2 said:
JWeinCom said:

What news

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Cobretti2 said:

What news

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

JWeinCom said:
numberwang said:

Fan of the late Georgia Guidestones by any chance?

"In order to avoid debate, we the sponsors of the Georgia Guidestones have a simple message for human beings, now and for the future. We believe our precepts are sound, and they must stand on their own merits."

Their first rule of the ten listed is quite mod-erate don't you think?

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

Any volunteers?

EricHiggin said:
JWeinCom said:

"In order to avoid debate, we the sponsors of the Georgia Guidestones have a simple message for human beings, now and for the future. We believe our precepts are sound, and they must stand on their own merits."

Any volunteers?

Ok… 

What the actuel fuck?!

Hynad said:
EricHiggin said:

Any volunteers?

Ok… 

What the actuel fuck?!

the Georgia Guidestones or the post? Regarding the Georgia Guidestones, Jon Oliver did a great segment on them. 

Regarding the post, I think he was saying that the poster should stop posting and do his part to save VGC, though I’m sure it was in jest. 

Can any mod please edit the posts that were changed by the hacker here.