By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - About controversial threads

Leynos said:

Yeah Gears is pbviously different than Halo. Had someone said that maybe Gears has not evolved enough over the years then maybe have a discussion there. Maybe just make a new topic discussing lack of diersity in AAA development as that's more broad and less hitting on console maker Y/X. Me? I'm just going to go binge watch some shows.

I dont know if i could make that thread now. Honestly after your post i was going to change my Title and OP to go in that direction of lack of diversity in AAA titles as it made more sense after reading your post before the thread got locked. But now i feel like if i made another thread like it people would report me or something to get me banned. Not sure?. Maybe you could make it as it is a good topic for discussion?.

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Kyuu said:

I think it's because comments like "almost all of Sony's games are the same with a new lick of paint" are straight up Twitter bullshit clearly intended to annoy Sony fans, which is a hobby of yours. Leynos's comment was alright because he didn't single out Sony like your OP, and didn't needlessly exaggerate the similarities.

I don't agree with closing either thread, but this forum has a lot of snowflakes who will overreact, misread, insult and strawman you. Both threads were going to hell so the mods' judgement is understandable to me.

Thats all well and good. Except for the fact the blizzard thread was a clear flame bait thread from the start. And comments like "Gears is the same as Halo" sure didnt help. It was a clone thread of one we already had here and it was left open for days. I gave points in my thread it was to stir up convo unlike that clone thread that we had no need for since the was already the exact same thread. But yet it took me making a thread about Sony to finally get that thread about xbox closed.

I don't really think it was that much of a clone thread. It's premises is similar, but unlike the previous such thread it was complete nonsense from start to finish. The other thread's OP I think did make some good points and said that Xbox gamers don't get any advantage from this acquisition. I can see where his thoughts came from and he made clear that it was an opinion, hence why he got more than ten likes.

KratosLives on the other hand said that instead of no positive coming from this acquisition it's only negative coming from it. Xbox gamers supposedly get a disadvantage, which goes way further and is obvious bullshit. And he pretended like it was fact instead of opinion. And it was all based on the idiotic idea that Microsoft would not invest any further money into their internal studios because they first need to make those $70B back, which they probably already did.

One thread is someone with thoughts based in reality, the other one is a shameless troll.