By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon 3 Direct, 6am PDT/11pm AEST/3pm CEST, August 10th

T-Minus 6.5 hours as of this post.

Hope we get a proper look at the single player campaign!

Last edited by curl-6 - on 11 August 2022

Around the Network

T-Minus 3 hours as of this post.
I'm shaking with excitement.

Hoping for a meaty single player campaign.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Never played any Splatoon. Getting a good look at the new game might make me try it, but I'm not a fan of the one-game-per-direct format so I will not watch this. Missing the multiple game drops in a short time-span. Not committed to any one game enough.

So is the tri-colour mode in reality a 4 vs 3 mode?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Well that definitely looks like a third Splatoon game!

And that is NOT a complaint! It's just not looking like anything special either. Very impressed that nintendo managed to make a shooting game that's nonviolent and 'for all ages' that somehow has outsold all Halo games aside from Halo 3 and every Gears of War game and every PS Shooter. It's almost like the market has places for all sorts of cool and nifty ideas and catering to different groups as we go. Crazy, right?

I'll pick this up if and when it goes on sale. I like Splatoon but not enough to pay full price I don't think.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Big Man wins the direct.

In other news, looks like Splatoon 3 is getting content for two years. So it probably means the next Switch wont appear until holiday 2024 at the earliest.

Visit my site for more

Known as Smashchu in a former life

The new stuff looks great.
Looking forward to the first Splatfest on the 27th.

VideoGameAccountant said:

In other news, looks like Splatoon 3 is getting content for two years. So it probably means the next Switch wont appear until holiday 2024 at the earliest.

Just as with the Mario Kart DLC this was the main thing I got from this Direct as well.