By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox should hire these studios

Tagged games:

Azzanation said:
Pemalite said:

Cloud Imperium Games for Freelancer.
Killer Instinct - Iron Galaxy.

I wouldnt be suprised if Bethesda take the FreeLancer IP.

As for Killer Instinct.. it would be amazing if Iron Galaxy can continue with the IP. Big shoes to fill considering how good KI 2013 delivered.

I just reinstalled it again yesterday and loaded the Discovery Freelancer mod and playing me some multiplayer.
Such a great game, it needs more love and support from Microsoft.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

So is this to say MS chose the wrong devs to do Battletoads and removing Rare from Banjo?

I though you had liked Battletoads.

And from what I know Yoka Laylee is considered a bomb.

Not saying they chose the wrong devs. Something is sometimes better than nothing.

First of all, Xbox was appoached by Dalala Studios not the other way around. I did like Battletoads, could it be better? Of course. Seeing Streets of Rage 4 and Shredders Revenge shows me that Battletoads is riped for that Dev.

Rare arent a platform company anymore, they focus on much bigger and more ambitious products now. Whos to say if Rare made a Banjo game, that it would be any good?

Id prefer Playtonic since they know the formula well. Yooka Layee might of bombed, does not mean Banjo will.

So Mario is just a to small and without ambition IP on its platforming, guess Nintendo should drop it. Ratchet and Clank should be left by Insomniac as well, gotcha.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

Not saying they chose the wrong devs. Something is sometimes better than nothing.

First of all, Xbox was appoached by Dalala Studios not the other way around. I did like Battletoads, could it be better? Of course. Seeing Streets of Rage 4 and Shredders Revenge shows me that Battletoads is riped for that Dev.

Rare arent a platform company anymore, they focus on much bigger and more ambitious products now. Whos to say if Rare made a Banjo game, that it would be any good?

Id prefer Playtonic since they know the formula well. Yooka Layee might of bombed, does not mean Banjo will.

So Mario is just a to small and without ambition IP on its platforming, guess Nintendo should drop it. Ratchet and Clank should be left by Insomniac as well, gotcha.

Someones jumping the gun alittle. Nintendo rely heavily and invest heavily in Mario which is garenteed sales, Rare on the other hand are focusing on other genres. Its pretty simple to understand. 

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Someones jumping the gun alittle. Nintendo rely heavily and invest heavily in Mario which is garenteed sales, Rare on the other hand are focusing on other genres. Its pretty simple to understand. 

Saying they are focusing in anohter genre sure is acceptable, but saying they moved out of platforming because they have much bigger and ambitious game to make (which is what you said) is something completely different.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

Saying they are focusing in anohter genre sure is acceptable, but saying they moved out of platforming because they have much bigger and ambitious game to make (which is what you said) is something completely different.

I wouldnt call Mario or Ratchet ambitious games.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Well if you think Rare is more ambitious than Insomniac and Nintendo I guess we don't have much to discuss.

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

Well if you think Rare is more ambitious than Insomniac and Nintendo I guess we don't have much to discuss.

Thats the problem with your debate. You assume not being ambitious makes the games bad. 

Rare are not known for releasing sequels after sequels. Even under Nintendo, they move on to new IPs and game designs. Thats why they have one of the most colourful collections of IPs in the industry. Weather they come out good is debatable however thats their buisness structure.

Rare simply dont make those type of platformers anymore. 

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Thats the problem with your debate. You assume not being ambitious makes the games bad. 

Rare are not known for releasing sequels after sequels. Even under Nintendo, they move on to new IPs and game designs. Thats why they have one of the most colourful collections of IPs in the industry. Weather they come out good is debatable however thats their buisness structure.

You are the one twisting things to try are correct your post, sorry.

But yes I can agree with you that even if you claim SoT was an ambitious game it certainly wasn't good.

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

You are the one twisting things to try are correct your post, sorry.

But yes I can agree with you that even if you claim SoT was an ambitious game it certainly wasn't good.

Twisting? Twisting what exactly? Seems you are trying to take this thread off course. But ill digress with your tactics.

SoT was claimed by Rare themselves as the most ambitious game they ever made.

What didnt you like about SoTs, curious to hear your personal experience on it..

Last edited by Azzanation - on 02 August 2022

DonFerrari said:

You would just ignore the poor reception of the game by both critics and users alike, and that it was in very poor state, so why bother? Your other points on ambition, quality and being platform were already so off base that there would be no point in keeping that discussion, plus since you admitted all those games were poorly handed by MS, when in other threads you were defending them, was enough.

What did you personally not like about Sea of thieves?

So you disagree that Rare focus on ambitious games? 

Where did i admit the games were poorly handled by MS?

No wonder you bailed out, your response to my previous message is hilariously bad.

For the record:

Between 226,000 and 250,000 people play Sea of Thieves concurrently across all devices in January 2022.

Rare claims that Sea of Thieves is their most Ambitious game they have ever made, and in case you forgot, they made Banjo Kazooie. 

Sea of thieves cracks the 25m player mark.

So tell me again why you think SoT is not a good game?